• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Il-2 thread

Could you point me to an Amazon link or something please? (the pack with everything IL2 ever released)

Thanks!
Since there's no Amazon.NL, I'm using CO.UK:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ubisoft-Il2...id=1167087167/ref=sr_11_1/026-4377369-0358042

You may also use Play.com for the same effect:
http://play.com/Games/PC/4-/3251021/-/Product.html?searchstring=il2+1946&searchsource=0

The game's MULTI3, English, German and French, so you can pick the language upon installing.

Upvote 0
the 4.08 patch? where?
Exactly.
I could only find the dedicated server one...

So IL-2 1946 contains ALL of the IL-2's (including expansion packs) ever released?
Yes.
Apart from the original IL2, though, since that runs on a different engine (you couldn't FB+AEP+PF it, either).
So, it's everything from IL2FB onwards.

This obviously does not include non-Ubisoft thirrd-party add-ons, though.
Anything officially released is included as far as I can tell.

Upvote 0
ok, this game is AWESOME

i have my new X52 flight-control-system since yesterday. it is perfect for this game.

i'm playing at maximum realism (start/landing disabled :D) it's quite difficult to aim, but it's possible and when you see the enemy aircraft dropping to mother earth with a smoking machine - it's sooo rewarding.

Upvote 0
Great. I wouldn't have found out about this game if it weren't for these forums, which I stumbled upon while thinking of a new WWII game to buy. I'm glad I picked RO instead of DOD.

Anyway, I bought the gold pack, and I didn't find out about hyperlobby till recently and the only play 4.07 and 4.08. If I were to celebrate Christmas I would have wished for pF and 1946, but I don't. I don't know when I'll get off my lazy ass and go buy it but I'm thinking about BF2 as well. Until then I have to put up with the extremely limited servers on ubi.com, and all their damned nob inhabitants or veteran aces who play with a keyboard. I can only kill one guy at a time and if I do I usually get shot down by the next spits.

Right now I'm a bit pissed at some asshole who thinks it's fine to repeatedly ram his plane into mine while still on the runway. I met him before so I was wary to get in the air before he rammed me, but he tried to suicide himself into me. I left unscathed but he lost a wing and I lost all my points. Bastard.

Best moment I ever had was on some sort of mountain map with a score of 820 in P-51 early war variant. Never got that score again. Not with this many noobs. Prettey good with Fw A-8/9, bf-109k-4, and ki-84.

I'm also pissed at the guys who are frusterated at my head-on attack skills, so they drive for a collision which either takes of my wings, tails, whatever, and kills him in the process. Idiot. Sometimes I ove at the last moment, but it's rare. Ki-84s are pretty good and I took off two wings head-on.

Could someone give me a tip on deflectiopn shooting? I never hit, even in noob-view. It never works. My deflection shot skills have been cursed by hit scan shooting in BF1942. I never aim far or close enough. Some help?

Upvote 0
I don't know about IL2's multiplayer but usually starting a fight by going head on with people is frowned upon in multiplayer flight sims, simply because all it takes is a little gunnery and firepower, and, assuming at least one person is killed, it doesn't lead to a fight where more skill and thinking is involved. Plus there is a higher probability of collision, which is no fun for either party.

A lot of sim vets love having those kind of 5 minute one on one dogfights that feel like a knife fight in an airplane bathroom.

Upvote 0