• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Leningrad [Beta 4]

Great work on this project. Would it be possible to have a Uz2. version provided for the DL? The usual spot does not have v.4 available

If you haven't found a place by now (sorry for not responding :eek:) you can check out this post by Goral: http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showpost.php?p=252941&postcount=64

He doesn't say much but he really deserves a lot of praise for helping the mapping community out. :cool:

In a few weeks I'll start on Leningrad_Beta5 but until then I'm trying to get another map ready for Beta1. Stay tuned! :D

Upvote 0
If you haven't found a place by now (sorry for not responding :eek:) you can check out this post by Goral: http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showpost.php?p=252941&postcount=64

He doesn't say much but he really deserves a lot of praise for helping the mapping community out. :cool:

In a few weeks I'll start on Leningrad_Beta5 but until then I'm trying to get another map ready for Beta1. Stay tuned! :D

Yo Doc!!

The uz2 versions for all the custom maps have been available since day one and updated with every new beta and final. They're in the RGN RO map downloads. :(

Please Read

We have over 60 custom maps available for Download with screen shots & ratings. :cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok so Beta 5 is going to be tested this weekend by the After-Hourz people and a few days after that I will release Leningrad_Beta5 to the public. This is what I currently have for the full readme so if you have any problems with the map that haven't been adressed by the points below please speak up! Beta 5 will be submitted into Phase II of the mapping competition a week or so from now and then I will fix any outstanding issues and release the final. Here's the Beta 4-5 changelog so far:

- Increased German reinforcements to 300 (previously 240). Reduced Russian reinforcements to 170 (previously 180).
- Removed a few small parts of the map to enhance the flow of the fighting.
- Reduced the initial Russian spawn lifetime by 15 seconds (1:00 - 0:45)
- Reduced the number of destroyable barricades from 8 to 3. This should help the flow of the map, bot paths, TKs from satchels, tanks getting stuck, and performance.
- Moved an artillery spot that could damage/destroy the last Russian KV spawn.
- Fixed/improved a few resting heights.
- Deleted/Moved some objects to make moving around easier.
- Added an extra entrance/exit to the sewers by the bridge.
- Fixed some lighting issues.
- Moved the Russian Command Bunker spawnpoint.
- Moved some text in the Axis/Allies specific boxes around to help people understand that the tanks are limited.
- Fixed some minor cull distance problems.
- Fixed bullets colliding with the barbed wire on the barricades.
- Fixed some minor terrain issues.
- Added a new access point to the Command Bunker area/sewers from the street.
- Fixed a problem where dead bodies would fall through the stairs in some buildings.
- Added some cover to the 3rd Russian tank spawn.
- Combined a few more building static meshes to increase performance.
- Modified the Easter Egg so it shuts off 30 seconds after being activated instead of staying up forever.
- Tweaked the bot pathing in a few areas.
- Added a broadcast message that states "Remember: Tanks do not respawn until you capture/lose an objective!" that plays once at the start of each round.
- Changed the RoadPathNode destination for the Axis tankers at the Anti-Tank Position. This was done because Axis bot tankers would often speed off before players had loaded the map and would get the first tanks destroyed.
- Moved quite a few artillery spots to non-player accessable areas. They're still there for the ambiance but they should kill you a lot less. And as always... you can't get killed by artillery in the capzones!

As I said above, expect Beta 5 to be out in about 3 days. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Since no one else from the Iron Crescendo player pool has replied to that last request, I'll fill you in on how it played for us during 12 hours of play over the last 2 weekends.

I'm on the Russian side, and we were able to stop the Germans *once.* The last spawn for the russians was really the problem for us, although it may not play that way on pubs usually. We were MGed as we ran out of the spawn into the capzone, HE was shot into the spawn, our tank was destroyed by the enemy tank before we could enter it , and we didn't even try to defend from the building because we had to rush into the capzone to try to stem the flood of germans running from the Alamo to under the right-front archway and behind that destroyed truck on top.

(Not really) speaking for the entire Russian team, I think that it would be more even at the last cap point for the germans to have a halftrack (which we could take out with the PTRD, eventually, which doesn't seem to be much of an option for the panzers--we had to use satchels instead, which is very unlikely at that last capzone). Is it possible for the last spawns for the germans to have an HT instead of a tank, and at the russian's last spawn a little turd UC? Or, perhaps the Russian tank, and half of the infantry, could spawn behind a protective wall of debris in the street at the back spawn. However, our issues may not come up in pubs, only in clan fights. The tanks are so cool to have, but the germans are almost guaranteed to have a tank at the end when the russians do not, and with the easy exit-camping of the russians, it's very hard to put up any defense at all at the end.

It was so bad that someone on our team were calling you a Nazi because of perceived massive pro-German bias. That's way out of line, but we were frustrated!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmm, public play has been quite balanced in my experience but I'm sure clan play or IC will have different outcomes completely. Most of the things you mentioned in your post have been fixed or improved for Beta 5. Check it out and tell me what you think. Good to know some people think I'm a Nazi map maker. :rolleyes:

Anyways, Leningrad_Beta5 is uploading right now so expect a new thread to pop up shortly with a full changelog. Enjoy. :)

Upvote 0