• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Helicopter simulation?

Ruprecht

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 29, 2006
Ulm
hello, there..

im looking for an actual helicopter sim (apache, comanche, blackhawk, hind, or all of them) my LHX seems to be outdated, hehe.
i looked around quite a while, but couldnt find any actual title, kinda strange.

whats your expierience here?

thanks in advance.

There is Lock-On Black Shark in the works, the most promising helicopter sim in the works right now. It's about Russian Ka-50 helicopter, and will be highly realistic. Release date is early 2007. You can check www.lockon.co.uk for more info.

If you really need something right now. Grab Enemy Engaged Commanche vs Hokum. There are many mods that keeps it updated even today.

Upvote 0
roflcopter9gr.png

The true rofl coptor

Upvote 0
Probably because it will have a fully clickable cockpit!

Right... which Flight Simulator has had since 2003. There's no excuse. If small independent 3rd party payware folks can create pro-simulation-level airliners such as the Level-D 767 and FeelThere Embraer 145 with...
  • Full Flight Management Computers
  • Glass cockpits
  • Working radars
  • Complete functioning hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatic systems
...there's no reason this should have taken to so long.

Seconding Commanche 4. Not realistic at all, but really good arcady fun. Actually, it sort of plays like an FPS with extra Y (up) axis.

Comanche 4 is loads of arcadey fun. It is definitely closer to an FPS than a sim, but much fun nonetheless. There's nothing like hosing a boat full of terrorists with a chain gun, then finishing them off with a salvo of Hydras and a single Hellfire for extra gravy. :)

Upvote 0
Right... which Flight Simulator has had since 2003. There's no excuse. If small independent 3rd party payware folks can create pro-simulation-level airliners such as the Level-D 767 and FeelThere Embraer 145 with...
  • Full Flight Management Computers
  • Glass cockpits
  • Working radars
  • Complete functioning hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatic systems
...there's no reason this should have taken to so long.

Actually, from what I've seen from videos modelling of Ka-50 is already finished months ago. There are even 1-1.5 year old videos that show Ka-50 in action, even before FC is released.

I think they're implementing other things, such as advanced flight modelling for weapons and tweaking the existing planes. No official info on this though. Maybe they're really in some trouble or working on another project. I can't decide, because Eagle Dynamics developers haven't given any updates except some videos and screenshots, they're really not "open" developers. At least for English Lock-On community.

Upvote 0
Oh man, the most awesome chopper game was for super nintendo! I don't remember the name exactly but you flew an apache through the desert (Iraq) and you had to blow up missle silos and radars, and sometimes you would find a MIA soldier in the desert and if you hovered over him you would drop a ladder and pick him up! Not sure where he was stored exactly...probably held onto the weapon's platform lol.

Upvote 0
Oh man, the most awesome chopper game was for super nintendo! I don't remember the name exactly but you flew an apache through the desert (Iraq) and you had to blow up missle silos and radars, and sometimes you would find a MIA soldier in the desert and if you hovered over him you would drop a ladder and pick him up! Not sure where he was stored exactly...probably held onto the weapon's platform lol.

Desert Strike!

Upvote 0