• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

my idea

Kavelin

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2006
San Antonio
i have read a older post by someone who suggested that you can crawl faster than a snail i mean do you hate it when someone throws a nade and it happens to land close to you and your prone so you crawl for dear life only to be killed by the nade anyway? i beleive that you should be able to crawl fter when you what to.
Plz coment

Well I have a thought that might fit for this topic.

I was thinking that since we currently have a sprinting animation for both standing upright and the crouched position, I felt that it would be appropriate to have a hands-n-knees crawl when holding down the sprint key while prone.

It would move you along quicker than normal crawling, but for that extra speed your profile would be larger, not nearly as tall as when crouching, but not nearly as flat when crawling like normal.

Upvote 0
I asked long ago for the ability to be able to roll away from nades by double tapping the lean button when prone. Drop & roll is a common tactic in most armies.
Secondly hitting the deck when a nade is thrown can protect you from the nade as most of the blast goes up not out. You only have to be without a 10M redius on RO & your dead no matter what stance you adopt. If the nades were this dangerous in real life there would've been many, many more casualties during the last 80 years.
cheers
Rob

Upvote 0
Absolutely no to rolling. Too SWAT.

But I support this "four wheel drive"- type crawling. That would be completely realistic, and also a very good idea. It would be uselful in many occasions.

AND it would make you have a better feeling for a chaotic battlefield. Lots of things like this must become implemented, so that its not that statically.

Upvote 0
You only have to be without a 10M redius on RO & your dead no matter what stance you adopt.

I've been within 2 metres of a grenade, prone on the floor with minimal/no cover and only been wounded. In fact if the grenade is more than 2m away I've escaped unscathed, and so regularly.

Fact is if you're caught on the floor and a nade lands in close proximity you're dead anyway. You've made an error, there's no escape. You need to accept the fact you're gonna die.

A "fast crawl" which you should only be able to use with your weapon slung on your back would help, but sincerely doubt it'll have as great an effect as you think. If you're on the floor with your weapon in your hands and a nade lands in the same room as you, you'll either have to spill it, or sling it on your back to be able to do this "fast crawl" in the first place.

Upvote 0
A "fast crawl" which you should only be able to use with your weapon slung on your back would help, but sincerely doubt it'll have as great an effect as you think. If you're on the floor with your weapon in your hands and a nade lands in the same room as you, you'll either have to spill it, or sling it on your back to be able to do this "fast crawl" in the first place.

Yep. I agree, that you should not be able to escape nades with "fast crawl". It is not a frog leap or anything like that.

But I think this type of movement should be aplied to game.

This kind of "fast crawl"- is very useful kind of way to advance under fire. And you actually do not have to slung your gun to do it.

When I was in service, we practised a lot of this kind of "traveling". A lot.:)

There are two ways to do it. Both work well with rifles and SMG:s, with MG:s it`s bit harder. Either you use only three limbs, you keep your gun in your other hand. Not so fast and effective way to move.

Second way you just keep your gun in your hand, it touches ground every time with you hand. Gun will not brake, if you don`t wish to brake it. And since there is no modelling to gun jams=>sand in machinery, or twisted sights in game, this "touching ground"-thing is not conser of any kind for realism.

It can`t be too hard to model, though there are more important things to look at first.

And it would add more gameplay- features and realism to game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Absolutely no to rolling. Too SWAT.

When i say roll i don't mean as in forward roll rambo style. I mean if your prone behind a box say & somone throws a nade then you should be able to roll sideways away from the nade. That IS TRUE LIFE. Running away from a nade gets you killed. Lying prone & rolling away from it saves you. Also when i say drop & roll i mean sideways too. if you come underfire you drop to the floor then roll away from that position so the enemy can't pinpoint you. This is taught today.
Cheers
Rob

Upvote 0
When i say roll i don't mean as in forward roll rambo style. I mean if your prone behind a box say & somone throws a nade then you should be able to roll sideways away from the nade. That IS TRUE LIFE. Running away from a nade gets you killed. Lying prone & rolling away from it saves you. Also when i say drop & roll i mean sideways too. if you come underfire you drop to the floor then roll away from that position so the enemy can't pinpoint you. This is taught today.
Cheers
Rob

Oh. You mean like laying down and rolling from your tummy via your back to your tummy. I understand the idea.

Yes, they taugh that today and I remember how desperate it was with your gear. Especially gerrys would be in trouble in this game.:)

When you have battle gear in your back, rolling is pure nightmare and I think it will get you killed even more easily.

Though not completely bad idea. Still I like more of that "fast crawl"-idea. More useful.

Upvote 0
Actually, you can crawl quite fast if you need to. One of our drill instructors got fed up with us "crawling around like girls who are afraid of breaking a fingernail", so he dropped down and crawled away. I swear, he resembled a lizzard more than a man while crawling. (Yes, and that was with a gun in hand). Anyway, the game's fine the way it is. In fact, you are a bit too mobile being able to aim down the sights and crawl around, but that makes up for a few other flaws in the way we are limited to control our avatars.

Upvote 0