• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pantera Foto

Wow - thank God for that!!! I was half expecting some photos of butt-ugly Brazilian metallists.

(I don't care if they are not Brazilian - I am proud of not knowing exactly where they are from)

For some strange reason I was half expecting that, or this.

cp22.jpg

What can I say. I'm a car guy.:D

Upvote 0
[SIZE=+3] Pantera [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1] Origin: Texas, USA
Genres:
Official Web Site
Last Update: December 09, 2004
[/SIZE] With the release of 1990's Cowboys From Hell, Pantera rocketed to superstardom, fashioning a post-thrash, extreme metal style that has since been copied by countless other bands. At the time, many thought that Pantera had sprung from nowhere, but as fans of the band at the time know, no fewer than four albums preceded Cowboys, released independently by the band during what some call Pantera's "glam" era. In reality, Pantera never was a glam band, but those four albums (in particular, the first three) do show a very different side of the band, with an accessible style that at times sounded like 80's era Judas Priest and occasionally wandered into a heavier Motley Crue style, due at least in part to then-vocalist Terrence Lee's voice. Darrell's guitar work was particularly noteworthy, flashy yet controlled, though again not really close in style to "modern" Pantera. The fourth album, 1988's Power Metal, was the first to feature Phil Anselmo, and in retrospect is a perfect bridge between the mainstream style of the first trio of albums and the pure heaviness of Cowboys. Since Cowboys, of course, the band has been unstoppable, refining and perfecting their style with each successive release, gaining in popularity year after year.
Though no formal announcement was ever really made, Pantera is done, the band laying low for a couple of years following their last studio album, 2000's Reinventing The Steel. Anselmo, after being involved in many projects, is now devoting his time to Superjoint Ritual, while the Abbotts formed a new band, Damageplan (formerly known as New Found Power). Rex Brown is working with Crowbar.
The metal world was dealt a shocking and tragic blow when former guitarist Dimebag Darrell was shot and killed while performing onstage in Columbus, Ohio on December 8, 2004. The gunman, whose motive may never truly be known, killed three others before himself being shot by a police officer.

You asked for it Nestor Makhno

Who can guess where i got this info from gets a poison cookie as a reward

Upvote 0