• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

German antitank guns.

Nugetti23

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 30, 2006
They have more guns than antitank rifle and panzerfaust.

German have this kind of grenade rifle:
xgerman_antitank15_rifle_grenade.jpg

And this kind of antitank rifle:
71074%20Anti%20Tank.jpg

They have Panzerschreck too:
2694.jpg

Those would be cool in RO.

Last edited:
Some of the German ATR's were converted to AT grenade launchers in1942.They had something like 120mm of penetration. As for the German ATR would not be a bad addtion to Ro if......
1. the PTRD were fixed
2. It was portrayed correctly
3. It was put in maps from 1941-1942 only then a few later as grenade launchers.
4. more tanks and light vehicles were put in that could be penetrated by the ATR like the T-26 ,T-70

Bazooka?!? No, thats not a weak Bazooka that looks like an early Raketenpanzerb

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the panzerschreck is cool, but its not for RO. its way to accurate :)
and it was a weapon that needed a squad around it, not some weapon you carry on your own

Actually the "Panzerschreck" is carried by 1 man The second man carries ammuntion and loads the Panzerschreck.
panzerschreck.jpg

Too accurate! What kind of reason is that? the 88mm L56 was a very accuarate as well as powerful gun which was one of the many reasons it was feared yet it is in game. The PPSH-41, Mp-40,MG-34,Mg-42, karabiner 98k,ect. are all very accuarate and they are also modeled in game.

Upvote 0
Adding the PzB35 to the game would be great, provided that there are targets for it.

The problem with anti-tank weaponry for both sides is that, with the exception of the panzerfaust and the RPG-43, there's very little by way of single-operator man-portable AT weapons. Both Panzerschreks and Bazookas require two-man teams to operate, consisting of the shooter and loader. Now, if we want to abstract this to a really really long load time for single player use, fine. But I kinda doubt people here would accept that.

So, to make the PzB35 useful, there needs to be targets -- early war targets, mind you -- for it. Otherwise, it'll basically just end up as a reskinned PTRD (although I think it had a magazine, instead of being single shot).

Upvote 0
The problem with anti-tank weaponry for both sides is that, with the exception of the panzerfaust and the RPG-43, there's very little by way of single-operator man-portable AT weapons. Both Panzerschreks and Bazookas require two-man teams to operate, consisting of the shooter and loader. Now, if we want to abstract this to a really really long load time for single player use, fine. But I kinda doubt people here would accept that.

It'd be no different than the machine guns, which in reality were operated by two people, and I don't really see any one complaining about that.

Upvote 0
The Germans were inspired by the simplicity of the Bazooka and made a different improved version based on the Bazookas captured in Afrika.
The American bazooka was known to be woefully inferior to the "Panzerschreck" and Panzerfaust. Infact the bazooka was known to have trouble penetrating enemy armor such as the Tiger I.

Upvote 0
The Germans were inspired by the simplicity of the Bazooka and made a different improved version based on the Bazookas captured in Afrika.
The American bazooka was known to be woefully inferior to the "Panzerschreck" and Panzerfaust. Infact the bazooka was known to have trouble penetrating enemy armor such as the Tiger I.
Ive read accounts that say the bazooka was an excelent weapon. Ive heard that tank crews believed they had been hit by a 6pdr shell after being hit by a zook.
The range of 100m was only 20 less than the shrek, and the abilty to reload it gave it the edge over the faust. Where you've got this idea that it was terrible i realy dont know.

Upvote 0
Ive read accounts that say the bazooka was an excelent weapon. Ive heard that tank crews believed they had been hit by a 6pdr shell after being hit by a zook.
The range of 100m was only 20 less than the shrek, and the abilty to reload it gave it the edge over the faust. Where you've got this idea that it was terrible i realy dont know.
Anything the Germans copied, it is made superior to its counter part. I don't know where you are getting your information from. Development of this weapon was inspired by the early 1943 capture of American M9A1 Bazookas in the African campaign (Tunisia; other sources: captured lend-lease bazookas from the Eastern Front).
The Panzerschreck's technical data call for a theoretical engagement range of 700m (!), practical engagement ranges are usually cited with 400m for static targets and 100 to 230m for moving targets. Then again, an army report on the fighting around Posen dated March 1st 1945 emphasizes the effectiveness of the Panzerschreck and states that static targets such as AT gun and infantry emplacements had been successfully attacked at ranges up to 1000m (!). Engagement procedures called for the Panzerschreck teams to open fire against attacking (oncoming) tanks at 180-150m. Laterally moving tanks were to be attacked at a range of 120m.

Upvote 0
Anything the Germans copied, it is made superior to its counter part. I don't know where you are getting your information from. Development of this weapon was inspired by the early 1943 capture of American M9A1 Bazookas in the African campaign (Tunisia; other sources: captured lend-lease bazookas from the Eastern Front).
I was commenting that the bazooka wasnt the piece of crap rommel made it out to be, at no point did i say it was better. Ok i made a bit of a cock up with the location of where they stole the idea from, but hay, a bazooka from kursk is gonna be a lot like a bazooka from africa.

Oh, and where the hell did you get that quote from?? Maybe on the moon could it fire a rocket to 1000m. 120 is the maximum effective range of a shreck.

Upvote 0