• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

German satchel charges

isn't the purpose of the primary to actually create a shockwave ;o, i know it aint pyrotechnik, but whats the difference from a shockwave of a hammer and a primary :O.

Yep. But I doubt that no one can hit with hammer so hard, that he could cause energy more than 1000 m/s.

Cause TNT will not explode even if you shoot it with rifle, because theres no enough energy in the bullet.

By the way, when I was in service, one of the trainer officers told us, that if you don`t have any wood to burn in the tents stove, you can chop track mines with axe, and burn pieces of TNT.

Very good warm value, they said.:)

Upvote 0
Rated this thread a 5.

Logical idea, and it couldn't be that hard to model up a little green box of doom...

Modelling it is not the problem, its just a box with a handle and a knob or two, its animating it that takes time and work, unfortunately.

But thats allways the problem, doesen't matter how simple the object is to model, if it has to be animated, its still alot of work.

Upvote 0
Hey CAtalyst! HAd a friend in Hungary that liked to break into old bombshelters. He brought all kinds of crazy stuff to school. Like mint condition chaingun ammo chains, gasmasks and all. Then once the military came looking for him and he kind of layed off breaking into them shelters.

Crazy hobby you got :p
More Pics PLz? :D:D

Upvote 0
my gradfather actually found, a crate of some 88. shells (still got a few empty ones), and a walter pp, Two seremonial daggers, and one of those useless 6mm officer pistols. (in bad shape athough, been lieing in water). the explosives and pistols where turned in to the army in the 60s. but still. just finding that forgotten AA posision, braking into a locked bunker and find such thing =P thats gotta be awsome.

But the hatred still was strong after the war. Guess what the daggers where used for?
Stiring paint >_<

Upvote 0
Modelling it is not the problem, its just a box with a handle and a knob or two, its animating it that takes time and work, unfortunately.

But thats allways the problem, doesen't matter how simple the object is to model, if it has to be animated, its still alot of work.

Very true, but I think that point isn't as big as you make it sound because of the fact that RO is chock full of animations, without them RO would be a bunch of statues floating around the map.

Yes, I believe you and you are totally right, animating is probably very hard, but TW took the responsibility for all aspects of game design when they started up RO, everything from models to textures, map design to coding, and animating shouldn't be an excuse to NOT add new content.

(They made animations for the G41, MP-41, and the UC didn't they?)

I find it a little difficult that they would be so inclined to not add somthing new because of animation after they allready animated every single weapon in the 3rd and 1st person views, and all the different vehicle animations. Walking, running, crouching, crouch-running and crawling animations for eight different movement directions.

This video pretty much proves that animation wasn't a problem here, it probably took time, but I looks like a success to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
my gradfather actually found, a crate of some 88. shells (still got a few empty ones), and a walter pp, Two seremonial daggers, and one of those useless 6mm officer pistols. (in bad shape athough, been lieing in water). the explosives and pistols where turned in to the army in the 60s. but still. just finding that forgotten AA posision, braking into a locked bunker and find such thing =P thats gotta be awsome.

But the hatred still was strong after the war. Guess what the daggers where used for?
Stiring paint >_<

some pics of the daggers would help a lot. sure that they arent hitlerjugend daggers?

Upvote 0
you act like you were entitled to get new content every X month...
Thats not the case.

You act as if you knew me, and then on top of that you act like you didn't even read my post.

I NEVER said that I was entitled to anything, and I never said they HAD to add new content.

What I DID say what that I think that NOT wanting to make somthing new because of animations is a little strange because of all of the tons of animations they have allready done.

Putting words in my mouth, and then flaming me for what I didn't say, was a real waste of a post.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v517/bizness/?action=view&current=GebaliteladungFire_Reload.flv

Catalyst, did you make that animation or did someone else? I would love to get more info on this video. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A question regarding the 3kg satchel charge

A question regarding the 3kg satchel charge

Hello,
I am a WWII reenactor and I am trying to build a mock-up of a German satchel charge to use at events. I have most of the work done using a cardboard box for the charge(I will be wrapping it in brown paper and stenciling something in German on it(Any suggestions would be most welcome!) and a cloth bag made from an old military bread bag(or courier pouch, I'm really not sure) I plan to put a long piece of red bias tape on it connected to a ring to simulate the detonator pin. The bias tape will serve to let everyone know that the device is 'armed'. I will be using this on vehicles as well as throwing it into windows of buildings so I had to make it so that it would not hurt anyone if they were hit accidentally. My problem so far has been finding an example of what to stencil on the charge....I am now wondering, having seen the photos in this post, if the '3KG' would be sufficient or would there have been something else, possibly identifying the type of explosive or a Waffenamt number or some sort of emblem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0