• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More Arty Options

M_W

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 10, 2006
I think it could be great to add a specific soldier class for arty spoter. And make different arty caliber avaibable from the little 81mm mortars to the huge 210mm which of course should make different damage levels and have different ROF.

Add some dificult so the spoter can call arty site to correct fire.

And add different patterns of fire like drop fire in line, column, concentrated and scatered.

Ups....and i forgot to mention the coolest arty...FLARES FOR NIGHT ATTACK! :p

The previous condition is of course that tanks arent destroy for indirect hit (maybe except for 210mm). If this idea was presented before please add link to those posts.

V2 was accurate only if you consider accurate to hit a city somewhere....so calmo

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would love to see more varied artillery. It's a little too gamey when an arty strike comes in and it's always the same calibre, same amount of rounds at the same intervals (correct me if i'm wrong) - makes it easier to avoid.

It would be fantastic if on some of the bigger maps if ,for example, you could hear the distinctive sound of nebelwerfers opening-up in the distance followed by a short but annihilative barrage...

Great Nebelwerfer footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZSZkBR4RtQ

Upvote 0
I think it could be great to add a specific soldier class for arty spoter. And make different arty caliber avaibable from the little 81mm mortars to the huge 210mm which of course should make different damage levels and have different ROF.

And add different patterns of fire like drop fire in line, column, concentrated and scatered.
My thought had been to create a scout / spotter class.
They would be the only class with the ability to drive the BA-64 scout car (and the 222 if / when we get it).
Couldn't carry satchels.
Could spot for arty.
Couldn't do any capping, or have that as an option for the map designer.

Upvote 0
well we should make it so the arty can drop short if the gunners calculated wrong, meaning you would have to call back and tell em to increase the distance by 300m.

ive been reading a ww2 book on QOR (queens own rilfles), neways, these canadain guys always called arty from the sides, becuse it had a nasty habbit of dropping short , never to the left or right...

Upvote 0

Add the ability to call off an artillery strike.

Upvote 0
I think we should add an air force liason class. He could call in carpet bombing runs with his binoculars and when the Americans are added to the game he'd get a Thompson and could call in the Enola Gay.

I think the maps are to small 4 carpet bombers. I can imagine the whole map going boom wit your team and the enemy team :eek: And maby the arty type can be different only in different maps, if the maps have arty.

Upvote 0
Ups....and i forgot to mention the coolest arty...FLARES FOR NIGHT ATTACK! :p

The previous condition is of course that tanks arent destroy for indirect hit (maybe except for 210mm). If this idea was presented before please add link to those posts.

V2 was accurate only if you consider accurate to hit a city somewhere....so calmo

Too bad moving lights on UE 2.5 eat your FPS alive.

Upvote 0