• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map The Blackest Day of July - PreFinal

its nearly done

been nearly done for about 3 weeks now.

The only delay is feedback from testers on the balancing.
(testing was delayed until the P4H became avaliable)

Once I finally get the thing balanced for sure (instead of see-sawing very damn version) I'll throw out the final version for everyone to enjoy.

Upvote 0
And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

I finally got around to playing the PreFinal fixed version. It plays MUCH better. reinforcements last longer for both sides, and the victories tend to go to the better coordinated teams.

My only wish was that the visual range on the map was longer to help balance the two sides. The German armor is still kind of at a disadvantage, it seems, in that its armor is far less durable and it has a much higher profile than the T34/76. The major advantages -- high velocity guns and better sights for better long-range accuracy, are less noticeable. But I also recognize that resizing the map and increasing view distance would be (a) counter to the intended design, and (b) require a LOT more work.

But, that said, the Germans definitely have the tools to win if they use them wisely, just as the Russians have the ability to win if they play defense wisely. Ultimately, good tactics will win the day, it seems.

I'd say that, barring any other minor graphical glitches, you've got the perfect balance on this map. At this point I'd say the map's ready for final release, though I encourage you to work on some long-range tanking maps that take advantage of the recent map changes. If they're like this map, they'll be great. :)

Upvote 0