• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

new map idea

new map idea

• Heck Yes

Votes: 31 70.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • no

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Never

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
In what way is the current S.Grad map less real?

I dont think this has anything to do with the current Stalingrad map being bad, its just that they want another map set in the same city, but more about the beginning of the fight.

The current map is excelent, one of my favorites, but its not like the Germans and Soviets just all fought at one Trainyard the whole time, there were factories and apartment complexes, and even under the streets.

I would love to see another stalingrad map.

Upvote 0
The problem with these thread is that everyone agrees. Everyone wants another map, right?

What you need to ask is "What setting would you most like a new map in?"

Otherwise, the devs just know "Okay, they want a map. What kind? Dunno, Stalingrad, I guess."

Give them a concrete poll instead of meaningless fluff like this.

Upvote 0
yes it is, they really did charge the germans like that, its sad that they had to do it
And no, they didn't. The Russians never actually hit a point where they sent everyone in with only half of their rifle.

For those that haven't seen the movie, the Russians charge - one guy gets a magazine, the other the gun.

The Russians never would have charged like that if they were combat-ineffective.

It's a movie. It looked cool. Get over it.

Upvote 0
And no, they didn't. The Russians never actually hit a point where they sent everyone in with only half of their rifle.

For those that haven't seen the movie, the Russians charge - one guy gets a magazine, the other the gun.

The Russians never would have charged like that if they were combat-ineffective.

It's a movie. It looked cool. Get over it.

look it up in books and documents, they really did charge like that, they were running out of rifles at stalingrad, so only every other man got one, do some research

Upvote 0
Well, I don't think it'd be much fun spawning with a single rifle clip and promptly getting shot up by a tank and loads of germans in cover. Call me crazy but I just don't see that as being the most rewarding experience ever ;)
I don't get the "real" bit, how are the others less real? You could make a map with just a couple of smashed up buildings and call that Stalingrad, it wouldn't be any less real.

Upvote 0
Theres a wealth of possible maps involving engagements in stalingrad.
The tractor factory would be awsome, as would a grain silo. I liked satingrad kessel as its a part of the battle that doesnt realy get that much attention in the media, although I think limited ammo for the germans on that map would be more historicaly accurate.

Upvote 0
look it up in books and documents
Such as....?

More Stalingrad maps would be interesting, but seeing as it already recieved more attention than other scenarios (2 maps vs 1 or even none for other famous battles), I don't really think any are needed in any immidiete future.

Also, Pavlov's house wouldn't work in RO because it was never taken by the Germans. A "change history" game is not really what TW is trying to make.

Upvote 0
Konigsplatz? I believe the germans where never able to hold the reichstag.
In Konigsplatz, the Germans in case of a victory only hold off one of the waves, which makes it atleast semi realistic.

Other man was for a spare hiding behind cover, so he could take rifle when rifleman got killed.
Where do people find this crap?

Upvote 0