• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics un-buttoned tank commanders

can we make it a little less as if the tank commander is in a parade?

I'm pretty sure in combat you wouldn't have your entire torso sticking out

just the head sticking out in all tanks applicable ( of course, T-34/76 w/o coupla need not apply )
lol, I agree totally. "Hay guys wuts goin on out here?" *bullet thunk to the chest* tank comm recieves medal of stupidity. I hope they fix it but I'm starting to wonder why so many little things have been overlooked for so long.

Upvote 0
at least this gives you a fair chance to hit them as a usual infantry guy.
Why does everything have to be fair in war? I know there's the "it's a game so fun is the key over logic or reality" mindset. However think of this: Imagine if you did get that headshot on the comm peeking out and how much harder that is to do making the reward for you so much better rather than "oh yay I plunked another comm in his blatently exposed chest". More reality=more challenging=more fun (for me at least). Fun in games for me comes from difficult realistic challenges and succeding. A sniper headshot on a tank comm peeking his head out at 400 meters (or so) would be 100 times more rewarding than than a torso shot. I actually enjoy playing a game as a simulation the "balance" or "game" aspect is irrelevant to me.

Upvote 0
Why does everything have to be fair in war? I know there's the "it's a game so fun is the key over logic or reality" mindset. However think of this: Imagine if you did get that headshot on the comm peeking out and how much harder that is to do making the reward for you so much better rather than "oh yay I plunked another comm in his blatently exposed chest". More reality=more challenging=more fun (for me at least). Fun in games for me comes from difficult realistic challenges and succeding. A sniper headshot on a tank comm peeking his head out at 400 meters (or so) would be 100 times more rewarding than than a torso shot. I actually enjoy playing a game as a simulation the "balance" or "game" aspect is irrelevant to me.

I agree 100 percent. I dunno about you guys, but when I see a tank coming, and I have nothing serious to fight it with... I pull back to where I can hit it with a grenade and maybe coax the tank comm to pop out... realisitic type things.

Upvote 0
It's also cool to see your round fly downrage and hit whilst using your binocs, that and of course checking for enemy tanks or lobbing rounds over hills. Whenever i do it, i'm out in a field or far away from any infantry and my only concern is enemy tank MGs. Though if i know infantry is around ill keep inside or use the copula slits.

:D Nice sig BuddyLee

Upvote 0
I think Unbuttoned tank commanders are fine as they are, showing a large portion of there body. If they are smaller, there is no penalty sticking your head out like it is right now. (I killed plenty of tank drivers with normal guns). People need to hide inside the tank when near infantry or vehicles, making the drivers smaller when un-buttoned will have no fear in doing so.

As for me, I unbutton my guy tons of times, because you can see much better, and you have a complete all round view, so you can take a peek to spot any pesky infantry, or vehicles. Also because the tank's co axial machinegun has crap accuracy, and when they shoot at my guy, they lose there aim for the turret, and they give away there position!

Upvote 0
I don't mind much the way it is now, since it is a clear risk to be exposed, but I think it would enhance the game to have the option to do a middle position between inside the tank and full torso out of the hatch, a position where only the head is up. The benefit would be a better view than from inside the tank plus a lower profile, but the drawback would be limitations to the view (you can't see over the hatch, and the low POV means the tank itself will block certain angles, and your head is still actually exposed to enemy small arms fire.

Upvote 0