• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield 2: 1918 mod video

looks terrible. Billion flying machines, dozens of APC and armors, hundreds of automatic weapons.

WW1 atmosphere cannot be simulated: Huge mass assaults against fortifications or entrenched infantry positions, I can only foresee solo fragrunners skirmishing in (unrealisticly made) trenches and fortifications.

... But I will give a try for this mod when it comes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That was just their first release called airshow. They are still working on the weapons and vehicles. They have alot of it done but with some shifting around in the mod team including the mod head Gamma working for EA now its taking a little more time. Just check out the news section in their forums to see how much is done.

Upvote 0
That was just their first release called airshow. They are still working on the weapons and vehicles. They have alot of it done but with some shifting around in the mod team including the mod head Gamma working for EA now its taking a little more time. Just check out the news section in their forums to see how much is done.
THIS MOD WILL ROCK:p:D and the infantry fighting will be fine :)

Upvote 0
looks terrible. Billion flying machines, dozens of APC and armors, hundreds of automatic weapons.

WW1 atmosphere cannot be simulated: Huge mass assaults against fortifications or entrenched infantry positions, I can only foresee solo fragrunners skirmishing in (unrealisticly made) trenches and fortifications.

One of the biggest misconceptions. Although the mass assaults against trenches and fortifications are what make up the largest battles 1915-1918 early in the war it was large manuver warfare over open terrain. Many smaller actions also occured including small trench raids. In the large attacks small units(battalion, company, squad level) were given individual objectives. Taking small sections of trenches, small towns, destroying machine gun nests, mortar postions, ect. Although mass attacks it did happen on the Somme and a few other places most infantry units leapfrogged from crater to crater until they got close to the enemy wire. Both sides would purposely barrage No Mans Land to create craters. The German stormtroopers in the 1918 offensive used small units to bypass fortifications to get behind enemy lines cutting them off letting the other two lines mop up.

Upvote 0
I cant wait either. I have been playing that mod since 1.15. They have an excellent community over there very very few immature people plus many are very knowledgable on the subject. Reminds me alot of this place. My name is Tallyman over there. Sgt H3nry3 on this board also plays that mod.
LOL
Tallyman? :eek:

That's ... a long time ago when I saw you the last time... :D

Upvote 0

You obviously didn't play the old Battlefield 1918 mod in the early days, it was pretty good fun.

Shame they couldn't get rid of some Battlefield-gameplay flaws.

Should be better now with Battlefield 1918/2.

Upvote 0