• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Invasion 1944 mod for OFP Released

Unfortunatly we do not have time to work on the mod anymore. Because of this the project has been halted. We would however not want all the efforts of the last 2 years to go to waste. We have therefore decided to release what we have, this version is at least 6 months old, some small updates were in the making a few months ago, but have long since been abandoned. The Oosterbeek campaign is an older version. A newer one should become available soon.

If anyone is interested in helping to finish Phase 1 to a finished state, please contact us by leaving a message on the forum (link is mentioned below).

If you wish to use parts of this release for your own work, please contact us on our forum to ask for permission. We recommend to request permission first before editing anything to prevent anyones time from possible being wasted.

If no help is offered we cannot continue development, therefore we cannot accept bugreports. All files are "As Is", and "final". We do not have the manpower to fix these bugs, sorry.

The Invasion 1944 team

The story behind it.

I myself got the files in my hand about two weeks before this so-called release. The infrantry units are decent but somehow I liked the old demo units more.

Oh and myself I have already found lots of more or less funnier bugs, so people who's going to DL I44 - be prepared for the bugs :p

Upvote 0
Hmm.

Is it just me or is destroing tanks with AT weaponry almost impossible?

Some results done in mission editor I noticed you can shoot up to 10x rockets with PIAT to the front of Panther (or Tiger) without even making a scratch.

Oh and vehicle "cargo positions" seem to bug quite well, too. As I mentioned earlier the infrantry units are decent (even I liked the old mones more) but those vehicles just seem more or less funny.

Oh and you can't turn the MG "turret" in Sdkfz 251 :p

PS. Yes I am aware it is alpha as I tested some stuff out there "long" time before even the official as is- version was made public :p

Upvote 0