• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anti-tank and Sniper new weapons suggestion

Mark me if I'm wrong, but I've checked the compiled suggestions thread and didn't find it.

Two things have bothered me in RO weaponwise:

Panzershreck
G43 Scoped

These two where used, the first foremost.

When I pick an anti-tank soldier as a german, I'm not looking for getting a mp40 with 3 panzerfausts that are quite useless on far range, unless you know excatly what your doing, which requires hours of training with the panzerfausts, which you don't have. Panzerfausts are pick-up-able by both teams. Germans get them as their anti-tank, and russians get an anti-tank rifle that can hit tanks from insane range, though fairly weak when not shot in the right direction.

We definatly need a Panzershreck. I don't see why not. It was a heavily used weapon when Germans knew there were going to be tanks. Panzershrecks are basically Bazooka's but then twice as good. Imo.

Secondly, Russians get the SVT Sniper and the Mosin Sniper. Germans get the Kar98k Sniper. I would say it's more than obvious to get the Gewehr43 Sniper aswell, as it very much existed. Once again I don't see why not.

Oh, and add the RGD-33 russian Stick Grenade while your at it ;)

Fausts are a hell of a lot easier to use than the PTRD, and much more lethal. I mean, anyone can HIT a tank with a PTRD, but actually doing any damage (and surviving the experience..) is much more difficult. Plus carrying a faust means you can still have a SMG or rifle, as well- the PTRD, only a pistol.

Upvote 0
Secondly, Russians get the SVT Sniper and the Mosin Sniper. Germans get the Kar98k Sniper. I would say it's more than obvious to get the Gewehr43 Sniper aswell, as it very much existed. Once again I don't see why not.

the germans also have a semi-auto sniper the G41.

What are you guys talking about? The G43 with ZF4 scope is ingame already, not the G41. and wasnt it enought with the 567486 threads about the "panzerschreck"?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Devs already said they are not going to add it. It requires 3 men to fuction at full, 2 to fuction at good level and 1 if you are retarded. The ammo for the panzershreck(WHATEVER THE CRAP YOU CALL IT) is huge and the thing itself is enormous. At least I would have played the game for 100 days before suggesting things we have and something else that has been "popularised" as the one man panzershreck machine that can kill infantry using AP rounds(DODS)

Upvote 0
Devs already said they are not going to add it. It requires 3 men to fuction at full, 2 to fuction at good level and 1 if you are retarded. The ammo for the panzershreck(WHATEVER THE CRAP YOU CALL IT) is huge and the thing itself is enormous. At least I would have played the game for 100 days before suggesting things we have and something else that has been "popularised" as the one man panzershreck machine that can kill infantry using AP rounds(DODS)

I wouldn't exacly call a Panzerschreck (aka Ofenrohr, or Raketenpanzerb

Upvote 0
Although you do need someone to carry extra ammo for you.

I think having the Panzerschreck would be an excelent addition and I really see no reaon to not have it included. Yes it is true that in reality it required multiple soldiers to operate and carry ammo, but that fact also applies to the MG gunners of the era as well, and anyone whos played RO can see that the RO MG gunners run around as a single person instead of a team.

Bascally, unless the Dev's plan on making the MG gunner need a team (which I know will never happen), then I see no reason for an in-game Panzerschreck operator to need a team. It's just not a valid argument considering what has allready been included.

Upvote 0
Well,the Schreck 43-45 to be honest and it wasnt that rare,and since there is only 1 sniper per team,I dont know why he shouldnt be able to have a scoped 41 in early war maps...
And,about the ammo issues,make them be like the MGs,anyone can resupply them at any time,and give they Schreck wielder only 1 rocket(that is in his weapon)so he'd need ammo all the time when he needs to reload.
I think that would encourage 2 man teams pretty well and it would drastically reduce its effectiveness if it was used soloing...
Any thoughts about that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont know, the common soliders in RO allready carry extra MG ammo (which I dont think they ALL should, but thats another topic) I dont really think the same method should be used for rockets too.

He should just carry three or four rockets, and just have to make his shots count and try to go back for ammo when he needs it.

Upvote 0
I would like to see the Schreck as well, however I do ahve to say. You should not be able to "put away" your Schreck and take out a pistol. You should be able to carry a pistol but as far as I know the Schreck couldn't be carried on the back like a rifle or be slung anywhere. When you switch to your pistol you would drop your Schreck. Of course this should also be applied to the MGs and the PTRD.

Upvote 0