• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grenade Discussion (Merged About 3000 Times)

Tossing and sliding nades.

Tossing and sliding nades.

These are two things I would like to see added to grenades.

1. When you come to a door way or windown instead of steeping out and throwing the grenade in, you sohuld be able to lean up against the wall beside the door, and quickly chuck the nade in without exposing yourself. I can't find pictures or anything about what I'm talking about so I hope you understand what I mean. The reason I suggest this is that as it stands you have to expose yourself, however quickly, to get a nade in through a door. Whenever I see someone pop in a doorway or windown and suddenly pull away, I immediatly know "GRENADE!". Not very realistic as you wouldn't expose yourself to enemy fire to get a nade into a room, that is sort of the whoel point of popping the grenade in there in the first place. I think the "best" way to implement it would be to have it so that if you are in very close proximity to the door way and your hit the throw button for the nade that you automatically move up and do a quick little toss.

2. The second thing I would like to see is being able to slide a grenade across the floor, pretty self explanatory I think. It would be good for getting it into a room unnoticed or for sliding it under a table or some such thing. Though it might be too much work for too little gain.

Upvote 0
I like both ideas but rolling the stielhandgranate is not a very good idea because the side of the stick that contains the cord "cap" is smaller than then the part that contains the charge, so it will just spin in a circle. Designed that way so it roll back down at you if you throw it on a hill when you at the bottom of it. Also, unless its a small room then leaning up against the wall and chucking in a nade wouldn't really do you much good because you can't aim the nade. So unless those two problems can be solved... well I think you all get what I mean.

Upvote 0
These are two things I would like to see added to grenades.

1. When you come to a door way or windown instead of steeping out and throwing the grenade in, you sohuld be able to lean up against the wall beside the door, and quickly chuck the nade in without exposing yourself.

You mean like this?
f703.jpg

(thats me by the way ;) )

Upvote 0
Red Orchestra should have a crosshair :)eek: ) for grenades, now they are mostly luck and guess and throwing into windows is suicide. If a crosshair is too shocking, maybe the free hand should be raised to point where the nade goes.

Umm, doesn't your other hand already vaguely point to where the nade is going? At least in the standard overhand throw.

I think smoke grenades should be implemented...wait they're already in!

Upvote 0
good ideas though then there would be 2 other improvements needed..
sounds of grenades falling on the floor, so you can hear them, and estimate where they might have fallen.
secondly, improved grenade physics. they stick to the place they landed like a sticky bomb, though i could imagine the soviet grenade at least rolling a bit further, and in some occasions the german stick grenade too ( guess it wont allways land on it side, but 'face down', so he slides maybe but not rolls.. if you can guess what i mean:)

btw, after playing RO for over 211 hours now, i still didnt know about underhand throwing, nor have i ever seen someone doing it :O what's up with that? and what's the default button to do this?

Upvote 0
They should do it INF style (which is an excellent mod, but wish the servers stopped playing f*cking TDM all the time...).

If you've seen it, when you pull the pin it does a "textbook style" aiming; Aim with your finger and use it as a reference point for throwing.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=705675169925203364&sourceid=docidfeed&hl=en

From Dyslexcsi's (sp) Infiltration review. Some old UT'99 game allows rolling grenades but a UT2k4 game doesnt...oh well :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Red Orchestra should have a crosshair :)eek: ) for grenades, now they are mostly luck and guess and throwing into windows is suicide. If a crosshair is too shocking, maybe the free hand should be raised to point where the nade goes.

For throwing through windows just aim the hand below the window a bit - at short range if you aim the hand at the window then the nade will end up missing usually from my experience. Some windows are just crap for throwing nades through though - thats not down to the way you throw nades though but because of the way the windows are. Never use the underarm throw personally..never seen a use for it.

I also tend to chuck the nades in from an angle so you don't really need to show you body at all when you throw it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
RPG-40 and RPG-43 anti-tank grenades for Soviets

RPG-40 and RPG-43 anti-tank grenades for Soviets

These grenades would make for a nice supplement for the PTRD AT class or for a whole new different AT classs (SMG + RPGs).

RPG 40 ANTITANK STICK HAND GRENADE (for 1941-1942 maps)

Characteristics:
Weight _ _ _ _ _ 2.7 pounds.
Length over-all _ _ _ _ _ 7.9 inches.
Diameter of head _ _ _ _ _ 3.8 inches.
Effective bursting radius _ _ _ _ _ 25 yards.
Average throwing range _ _ _ _ _ 25 to 30 yards.

p5soviethandgrenadesfp2.jpg

Indicated on this Soviet RPG-40 Grenade are: (a) detonator delay assembly, (b) the opposite side of the handle in which the safety lever is set, and (c) the retaining arm and detonator well. The cotter pin and tab do not show here.

RPG-43 HEAT HAND GRENADE (for 1943-1945 maps)

Characteristics:
Weight _ _ _ _ _ About 2.65 pounds.
Average throwing range _ _ _ _ _ 16 to 21 yards.
Type of Fuze _ _ _ _ _ Instantaneous impact

p6soviethandgrenadestt2.jpg

The indicated parts of this Red Army RPG-43 Grenade are: (a) conical sleeve, (b) fabric strips, (c) safety cotter pin, and (d) safety lever.

http://www.lonesentry.com/articles/sovgrenades/index.html

Upvote 0