• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

horizontal leaning

Quenaelin

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 3, 2006
Finland
I noticed one request for more bobbing and decided to add my idea. I hate everykind of bobbing and tilting in games, I think these things causes me simsickness and nausea. You can adjust bobbing from user.ini file if you like, I disabled bobbing by setting it to zero. I hope devs will change leaning tilting also or make it optional to use normal horizontal leaning. I like straight horizontal leaning which is used in many other games, it really depends how you hold your head when you are leaning, it would be more realistic if you can adjust how much tilt you want when leaning.

Bob=0.000000

There should be option for leaning tilting also.

Tilt=0.00000

And also having it as a toggle\untoggle command like crouching.
If u move again u get back youre straight posture.

Do you mean leaning as a toggle? I don't think it would be usefull, you will have to press leaning twice to release it and if you move to release leaning you will loose your sight and position. I use leaning for quick peeking or shooting, not for leaning very long time. I only want option to make leaning horizontal not tilted.

Upvote 0
Isn't the bobbing there to simulate movement?

Yes, bobbing is simulating walking and running and you can use it as much you want, but it gets me sick. Have you heard about simsickness? Your eyes needs some fixed point to be able to realise you are not actually moving when playing a game. If horizon moves all the times and there isn't any fixed object in screen I get simsickness after a while. When I use leaning in this game I got this dizzy feeling. Usually it doesn't last too long, becouse I don't use leaning so often in this game.

Upvote 0