• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sorry but I HATE the new auto-pickup settings

I really like this system, it simulates haste you have when searching body in the middle of combat. It is not easy to look for things you need under dead body when bullets whistle around you. I think this should be even more difficult to be realistic, you have to open belts and pockets to get granades and ammo you need and how about if they are under the body, you have lift body first to be able to get your gun or ammo.

Upvote 0
picking up one gun then trying to get the ammo for that gun only to drop the gun and pick up a different one etc. on and on it looks like a 3 stooges sideshow.

why cant we have a simple setting in the game that allows us to choose auto weapon switch or not. the only difference that I can tell is that the non- auto users would have to press backslash button to drop an item before picking up a new one. HOLLY CRAP it makes sense to me its the way the game used to be befoer everyone got mad at this new autoswithc bullcrap just like the auto duck feature when you are a mgunner yeah who thought that crap up too thanks!! I can barley see over a sandbag let alone shoot ant anyone right in front of me.

having autoswitch really was a dumb idea or at least the idea and design parts didnt coincide because it just takes away playability or takes away the right for us to have a choice and introduces random acts that are unwanted.

why dont you have the load screens be the tips on how to give ammo and things like pressing backslash to drop your gun before you pick one up. There used to be tips there that were greatfully helpful to many and now we just look at 3 or 4 crappy pictures of a battle scene that dosent even have anything to do with the map you are on.

this would be a better way to combat newbie retardism since you designers must think newbies are tards if you introduded this messed up autoswitch crap because they are so retarded they cant learn to press backslash. for complaining about coding stuff for every little problem that sure seemed like the logical route to take while you still have other issues to deal with, time well spent.(i was being sarcastic) I pick up the rifle i want only to drop it while trying to get its ammo, but thats not the problem the problem was i dropped my rifle in the first place trying to pick up grenades or a faust or a satchel or even more ammo for the gun i had. If that sounds confusing just imagine a 3 stooges episode and you are getting close. meanwhile I keep droping the rifle I dont want on top of the one I had originally that I didnt want to drop in the first place.

Why on earth in a shooting game would you have a feature that automatically drops your rifle? especially when its not a relliable system. A soldier at least should have the confidence that he isnt going to randomly throw his rifle away ewspecially since its a bolt rifle and things are hard enough already. And all of this because of a free test week and newbie feedback? I thought this game was originally made by gamers for gamers. I read on one of the forums that was the whole idea behind autoswitch the new players couldnt be bothered to read how to switch or drop their rifle. So logically they changed the whole game where at least half of the players are DEAD SET AGAINST the new system.

I know maybe I am kicking the ammo as I am walking over to it trying to pick it up just like a clown does when he tries to pick up his hat at a kids birthday party. maybe thats where they got the idea from, do we have any 6 or 7 year old designers calling the shots over there?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yeap ironically the old system of clips was actually easier. I could kill a guy drop my gun pick his up and then 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 quick as you can picked up his ammo all in about 5 seconds or less. It worked every time and you knew what you were getting into once you decided to drop your gun. Now its just complete randomess will I drop my rifle or wont I? will I then procede to pick it back up only to realize I dropped the other rifle on top of it or I cant pick up any ammo for it since when I try to get ammo it (guess what) drops the rifle again and you are back to square minus two and it all looks like a 3 stooges clow act.

Upvote 0
I dont like is sometimes I cant get what I need, sort through the stack to finally pick up a good gun, only to watch the ammo melt. Having ammo trapped under nades.

What ****s the most is places like the apartments on odessa, is some fool teammate will block the door, and another behind as they scavenge for whatever they want on the floor, I am trapped, and a badguy comes in spraying, and only manage to hit me.

Upvote 0
Didn't read all but it would be better that if you pick up a new weapon you get the ammo on the same time aswell.
The biggest problem I see is that picking up a weapon isn't that much of a problem but getting the ammo after that.
When you pick a new weapon you always want that ammo!

Just remove the ammo thing. Good example is the panzerfaust, i want as many as i can get but i must pick them up 3 times...

Also more space needed between different items you want to pick up.. why put them all on top of eachothers, makes life difficult ;)

Upvote 0