• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kolno beta

No door visible when standing down at the river. It's fine, once you start walking up the hill.
Very nice map! Can't wait to play it with more than 2 people tomorrow :)

kolnodoorbug.jpg

Upvote 0
FPH, are you using a custom pawn for the german camo? If you are that might cause a lot of problems.

I thought you could change the player skin in the RoleInfo Class.

Why exactly would a custom pawn cause problems? As long as you have the .upl it acts exactly the same way as "standard" playermodels/skins.

For the changing the skin in the RoleInfo part: good luck :)

Upvote 0
The water in the stream seems to be moving rather swiftly, if possible, slow it down? :confused:

I can't think of anything else at the moment....

Why??????? That is without a doubt, the BEST of all the water scenes I've ever seen. Between the reflection area and the "white" water action area.... that is one fantastic job at water representation. In fact the map itself has excellent "eye" appeal.

Upvote 0
do you mind telling me how you encode vids in xvid

when imake a video in Windows Movie Maker its normally wmv, so do u use another program to convert the wmv or dnt use WMM at all?

Use Virtualdub. I used Premiere just to add the title but you can avoid that step if you aren't making a movie.

Cut your footage in VDub and then go to the Video Menu, select Compression, select xvid, fiddle to taste, then Save As in the File Menu. You can do 2 passes and other stuff but that may be too advanced for a first timer.

http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/

Upvote 0
Use Virtualdub. I used Premiere just to add the title but you can avoid that step if you aren't making a movie.

Cut your footage in VDub and then go to the Video Menu, select Compression, select xvid, fiddle to taste, then Save As in the File Menu. You can do 2 passes and other stuff but that may be too advanced for a first timer.

http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/

thanks

dnt worry ill get the hang of it

i use vegas, dnt like premiere xD

Upvote 0
I tried out the map and overall I love it. I found a couple things that could be fixed:

- there is one type of tree that is not solid
- there is no spawn protection (no minefield at spawn)

Also, the map is in 1945, why is the semi-auto rifles limited to just the squad leaders? Why isn't there any sniper classes or stg44s available to the assault troopers?

Upvote 0
I tried out the map and overall I love it. I found a couple things that could be fixed:

- there is one type of tree that is not solid
- there is no spawn protection (no minefield at spawn)

Also, the map is in 1945, why is the semi-auto rifles limited to just the squad leaders? Why isn't there any sniper classes or stg44s available to the assault troopers?

I agree, we could use more weapons....

Upvote 0
Some feedback, do as you like Flash.

The visuals are very good.
The placement of some of the objects is quit illogical:
* AT guns would never be placed like that, they have a very small area to shoot at. Effective range isn't used like that, they would be dead in the water.
* Sandbags are placed at places where nobody would build them. Building a square of them in a low spot between houses would limit their effectivness too much.
* Some other placements of seemingly random models also make it look a bit unreal.

It plays very well, but the gamey elements "degrade" it a bit and that's unnecessary for such a beautifull map. Like I stated elswhere: this is just a matter of taste, mine in this case ;)

Greetingz, Monk.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have learnt so much by looking at this map. The visuals are superb!! The water has already been commented upon and I would also like to draw mappers attention to the way that background terrain and meshes have been blended with the background texture to produce a great distance view.

Also good is the use of invisible BSP over the houses to help exaggerate shadows; it really adds to the feeling of a sunny day - I will do that on Makhnovo when the time comes for that to be redone.

A few minor probs though: people lying down in the river seem to be bulletproof - you should prolly check the zeroextenttraces collision. Also some of the piles of bricks are too bright - prolly you could use special lighting for those.

My fps were as high as any stock map and that speaks to good optimisation.

All in all, this is a superb map.

*note to those who want new skins* - There will be Romanians (new models, skins, voices, weps and classes) in the Carpathian Crosses addon. (Possibly Russian sailors too)

Upvote 0
...and I would also like to draw mappers attention to the way that background terrain and meshes have been blended with the background texture to produce a great distance view.

thats something that made me :eek:

so great. i remember one combined-arms-map (road to kiev?) with a lot of fog and 3 parts of a street to capture which had a nice background too (cypress hills)

Upvote 0