• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Does the Booster pack solve all the problem with MG's?

Well let's see...I can't remember all the criteria we had before, but overall, IMO, the MGs are much better. I can at least mow down plenty of Russians charging Lyes Krovy with my MG42 with ease. The recoil is not eliminated completely, but it's still much, much more manageable. Quite a lot more accurate, but you still can't see over the top of the IS (which I'm fine with). Tracers spit out much more often also.

So no, not all the problems are solved (look-over-IS, check MG42 belt length, etc etc), but it's one hell of an improvement.

Upvote 0
Yeah MGs are great now. Those additional features would be nice, but with how deadly the MGs are now, they probably aren't really needed. IMO the only thing that needs to be fixed now is resupplying. They need to make it so it only gives one or maybe 2 points max instead of 5. Plus you can resupply even if the MGer doesn't need ammo (meaning he already has the max amout of ammo he can carry), so that needs to be fixed too, even though it is a minor issue.

Upvote 0
The MGs have drastically improved in terms of accuracy and recoil. The only feature I think that might be improved upon would be adding the ability to duck whilst using a deployed mg. Perhaps another idea that might work would be a faster barrel change and ability to links ammo belts IF you have a second mg crew man. The crewman acts as a helper/spotter and has the ability to use the tank commands such as 'enemy left flank' 'reloaded' etc., the 2nd crew man should undergo a delay if he wants to break away from the mg and use his personal weapon to defend flankers etc.

Upvote 0
MG42 is way better now, ten times more realistic in terms of recoil and accuracy. Good work TWI!

Additional fixes/extras:
  • empty rounds should eject underneath the MG42, not to the right
  • Look over IS
  • Longer belts
  • Hip-shooting (with LITTLE RECOIL mind you. Most games, DoD for example, has this weird idea that when you squeeze the trigger, the muzzle goes straight to the sky. WRONG WRONG AND WRONG! It's very controllable! 20 round bursts = NP, though more than that and you get quite exhausted)

Upvote 0
MG42 is way better now, ten times more realistic in terms of recoil and accuracy. Good work TWI!

Additional fixes/extras:
  • empty rounds should eject underneath the MG42, not to the right
  • Look over IS
  • Longer belts
  • Hip-shooting (with LITTLE RECOIL mind you. Most games, DoD for example, has this weird idea that when you squeeze the trigger, the muzzle goes straight to the sky. WRONG WRONG AND WRONG! It's very controllable! 20 round bursts = NP, though more than that and you get quite exhausted)

Little recoil? You sure? Are we really talking about the Mighty MG42 here? It's hard to believe that firing the MG 42 from the hip wouldn't affect you that much.
But still: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKRz...p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKRzfr9o4hA[/COLO

And is that normal that with deployed MG you got almost no recoil at all? I mean look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpsJ...p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpsJoA_tiBE[/COLO

Upvote 0
Wait wait... I know the rounds emptied underneath the 42... but what about the 34...... either way I would like to see that implemented with the 42 at least...

And man oh man.. did I just kick omega ass on Danzig today with my 34....nothing beats a good MG spot... and the accuracy helps much.....

The only problem I'm seeing with the new Danzig is there is not enough good MG spots anymore... Old Danzig had tons of good MG spots...:)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0