• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Ship - Free Weekend

The free trial actually comes out tomorrow. I want it.

I used to play The Ship for HL1 (it used to be a mod back in the day). I was, no crap, one of the top 4 or 5 players in the whole community...people still play the HL1 version I believe, you can find it at http://www.theship.jolt.co.uk/

The basics of the game...you're given a quarry (someone you gotta kill). However, you'll have to deal with security cameras, other nosy (bot) passengers (and real player passengers who see you), and a whole lot of factors to stealthily kill your mark.

Catch is, someone else is out to do the same to YOU. I always found my hunter first and blew his brains out then went after my quarry. Luring them got those noobs EVERY single time!

Upvote 0
No harm done with trying out something free...

But I know I wont buy it...

Red Orchestra is my #1 game

I already have a #2 game (I restarted playing starcraft :D)

And I occasionally have a #3 game... FEAR, NFSMW, HL2, HL2 ep1...
game#3 is usually something worth finishing or maybe a free trial like the ship.

SO... 1 week of ship being my #3 game... why not.. (Finished fear, hl2, ep1, mw.... already)
Noticed it a while ago, found the idea pretty good... but blah... they have to REALLY impress me to get my money ;)

Its important to Minimize and organize yourself with games... because... if you have too many games installed and ready to run... you will be bored of all of them and will barely play anything anymore lol... we humans are just weird like that...

Upvote 0
Ok, not exactly what I hoped. I read the online manual just before the game was unlocked, and it led me to believe there were tutorial and story modes. What I found was just a horrible arcade (bots) mode, and no multiplayer. I say no multiplayer because all the servers are completely full, yes, all 30 or so servers. Would have been smart for Outerlight to prepare and get a few extra servers rented out, or ask more people to host servers, but they didn't. So it appears I just downloaded a game I am unable to play.

Upvote 0
Its got its good moments and bad. Shooting a guy hunting you with a flare gun and watching him stumble around on fire is hilarious. But looking for someone across half the ship only to have the round end and have your new quarry all the way back where you started... :p .

The main thing they need in the game is a mini-map, some of the larger ships you can barely find anyone at all.

Upvote 0