• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

nametags on tanks! Orel and so on...

Plz add so we can see our team mates when u are in a tank!
Just look at the Orel map if Im in a tank and looking at the team mate next to me in a tank I cant see his name.
All this make the battle so confuse when all starts to talk in game!
you see who is speaking but dont know where he is on the battlefield.

It would help alot!
Or why not add so u can see who is speaking.
If the tank infront off u speaks then u could see a loudspeaker ICon over him flashing or somthing.

Plz!

Oh yes, as it's so realistic to have a giant loudspeaker icon pop up over a tank's head when they radio in........

Better yet, just say " <Player X>, Where are you?"

well why isnt this the case when we all play an infantry map and you aim at a player you see the name tag on him. lets then remove all the name tags on all the players and we can all say " where are you".
The forgotensoldiers game.

I mean if you are in a tank and do exactly the same as you can do with an rifel as inf on another inf in your should do the same if you point your cannon on another tank that YOU CAN SEE ITS on your own team.
Exactlly as it is now for infantry vs infantri.

who the hell check out everyone at spawn.

Just look att WWII Online that is a Realistic tactical game, you can see name tag on your own tanks.

Upvote 0
Just look att WWII Online that is a Realistic tactical game, you can see name tag on your own tanks.

Heee heee heee...........

It's like saying "jumbo shrimp," or a "smart tanker.":D

You cannot have nametags and be very realistic, and, in fact, I fully support removing the infantry name tags. I'm not sure why you assumed that I supported them.......:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
1. Infantrymen easily found out each other.
The face, the figure, long, weight, stripes, cocardes, and many other things. They were not clones.
Models in RO have no individual attributes. Tags for infantry need to be kept.

2. With tanks it is more difficult , the Soviet tanks in the beginning of war, had no tactical numbers. But the tankman can easily find out machines of the platoon on color of a paint, traces of mechanical damages and repair, the additional equipment fixed on tanks, cables, logs, shovels, axes, additional boxes for spare parts, canisters, buckets, and many other things.
Each tank is individual.:)

If tanks will have tactical numbers it will change tactics in RO . It becomes more realistic. Tactical numbers were on boards of tanks.

Upvote 0
well why isnt this the case when we all play an infantry map and you aim at a player you see the name tag on him. lets then remove all the name tags on all the players and we can all say " where are you".
The forgotensoldiers game.

I mean if you are in a tank and do exactly the same as you can do with an rifel as inf on another inf in your should do the same if you point your cannon on another tank that YOU CAN SEE ITS on your own team.
Exactlly as it is now for infantry vs infantri.

who the hell check out everyone at spawn.

In real life you would be able to recognize individuals the same as you recognize different friends or work acquaintances. In game, the charactars look the same, to model that, the names over their heads make sense. Unless we can upload a personal picture to take the place of our players face and model our body type....the names over heads at close range are a good thing, realistic and necessary.
As for tanks, if you line 3 tanks up and you know one has your friend in it, you'd still not be able to tell unless they gave you directions which one contained your friend. You can't identify individuals inside a tank, so makes sense again, no name tags.

Upvote 0
1. Infantrymen easily found out each other.
The face, the figure, long, weight, stripes, cocardes, and many other things. They were not clones.
Models in RO have no individual attributes. Tags for infantry need to be kept.

2. With tanks it is more difficult , the Soviet tanks in the beginning of war, had no tactical numbers. But the tankman can easily find out machines of the platoon on color of a paint, traces of mechanical damages and repair, the additional equipment fixed on tanks, cables, logs, shovels, axes, additional boxes for spare parts, canisters, buckets, and many other things.
Each tank is individual.:)

If tanks will have tactical numbers it will change tactics in RO . It becomes more realistic. Tactical numbers were on boards of tanks.

Well if we get tactical numbers that would be more then great, then Im not supporting my own idea any more.
That sounds realistic to me.

Upvote 0
Matter of taste.
I would prefer the nametags on / above tanks too.
Actually there is a mutator which provides nametags for infantry (at least 1 euro server is running that mutator). It only needs a small adjustment in the code to make it work with tanks too (I know where to change it, but have made no setup for recompiling it).

So if you find a coder to change it: yes please ;)

Monk.

Upvote 0
It woulden't look very realistic having nametags hovering over our tanks, but then again, it might just help us play more realistic.

Lets say you are in a T-34, you meet up with another T-34, you want to team up with this tank to attack and hold a capzone.. currently that'd be a bit tricky..

ME "Oi you, in the T-34, you take left flank and i'll take the right"

T34-1 "where? what?"

T34-2 "and where might you be?"

T34-3 "you talking to me?"

T34-4 "n00b.."

:D

So it could help us tankers pull off some teamwork.

Upvote 0
I was once on Orel with three tanks beside me attacking West Field. I thought great, this is good numbers for a little group together.... We eventually had contact with two enemy tanks. 2 to 1 in our favour I thought, we should be okay.

Well the guys beside me didnt hit a single tank on target. The enemy both chose to attack me first. (just by pure chance) Two hits from them and I was dead.... It turns out that the players alongside me were named "ROPLAYER" "PLAYER" and "Noob" :(

Having name tags on them that day, would have made me think twice about who I was with...

I like the idea in general... I like the idea of markings on tank skins

Upvote 0
I would love if you were in a tank instead of your name popping up your tank number would pop up aswell and all other tanks having numbers.

THis has been suggested by multiple ppl already its probably not easy to implent but would make teamplay easier. (maybe a way to give the axis an advantage in teamwork :p by allowing them to use the tank numbers :p)

Upvote 0