• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Interested in an update ?

Drecks

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 26, 2005
The Netherlands
With the new update and vehicles. I want to ask iff there is any interest to update Wateverovko with the Carrier.

It will give the Russians a better transport and less walk.
Iff there is interest I'm willing to update, iff not it will save me some work....

watu1.jpg
watu2.jpg

I think it would really help the russians collect a force at the Hill, which is where my team always seems to stall out at from 10 minutes left. We get picked off one by one, so getting just a few into one spot at the same time would help a lot, even though your chances of making it are going to be about 30% with all the tanks and pfausts that are around.

Upvote 0
I think it would really help the russians collect a force at the Hill, which is where my team always seems to stall out at from 10 minutes left. We get picked off one by one, so getting just a few into one spot at the same time would help a lot, even though your chances of making it are going to be about 30% with all the tanks and pfausts that are around.

I'm open for any input and suggestions regarding the gameplay in this map. ( Like i was before )

I noticed to often the Russians stay at the hill instead of head for the east town. Cause once they have that town the hill can't be capped.

But again any helpfull input is welcome.

Upvote 0
Hmm....

Well, I think it hurts that you can't see the town from the railroad depot, so you can end up thinking that the map is just a little area of railroad and a couple of hills. A lot of people don't even know the kolkhoz extends out to the left--they just seem to run to what they can see, which isn't a lot. They also don't seem to explore the left and right extremes of the map at all--you can get into areas where you are alone in a white featureless fog pretty quickly, and I think people naturally gravitate to where the action is, just because they start to feel alone and scared out in the spooky wilderness.

And when you factor in how hard the battles are for the first two objectives, maybe the russians A) are a bit spent, and lose energy in attacking, or B) feel so trapped by the german infantry and tanks right outside the spawn and near the objectives that they don't feel like they have much momentum to capitalize on, or hope for future success. The town seems kind of academic when you win/lose/win/lose/win/lose the hill, and you only have 5 minutes left in the map.

I say release a version with the fog distance way out there (or no fog), and see if it plays differently. The PTRDs would start to be useful, and the Russian attackers could have an opportunity to judge where the defense's strengths are visually, rather than finding out via mystery shot from somewhere.

Upvote 0
Got a good advice to split the Hilldefense objective in two objectives. So i wider hilldefense split in two where both captured objectives would lock the hilldefense without a recap.

I like that idea. As I've said before, I still think the hill should not be recappable. This is a great compromise. Adding the carrier would add to the gameplay too. Allowing the Russians to rush the hill with a full carrier would be a lot of fun. Do it.

Don't change the fog distance. The Russians wouldn't be able to get close to the hill because flanking moves would be spotted. It's part of what makes defending so much fun on this map. You never know where an organized Russian assault is coming from.

Upvote 0