• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Need a simple votekick menu

KrazyKraut

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Beer capital of the world
There's a lot of teamkillers lately, the type that does so for a whole match ("~~~~" anyone?) It's too inconventient and takes way too long to mail an admin. the old DOD had this nice GUI menu where you could start a votekick via the console, then a menu would popup for everyone and all the others had to do is press "yes" or "no".

Would be a nice feature for a future patch.

It may be a problem, but I surely don't want to see any pop-ups in my view anytime. It would kill the atmosphere badly for me :)

What about that text that says "USMC_Recruit [picture of bullet] Joe_Schmo" in the upper right corner? Or what about the team chat and the public chat? Or the little soldiers silouette and magazine in the HUD? How would a sentence or two more "kill the atmosphere" anymore than it already is?

Upvote 0
Maybe he runs with his HUD off?

I do, there is no useful information on there, and I don't really like death messages.

Just because something is in the game doesn't mean that Rak supports it - or anyone else, for that matter....

And what about mapvote menu :rolleyes: You dont like it? :p

If seriously, it shoud be menu that can be bound to some key. When someone votes for kick there should be text for all players (maybe even exept player being kicked :) ) but not white text (as it now) - it should be more visible for players , like purple or green or red.

Upvote 0
Agreed, the votekick menu is buried behind 3 or 4 screens, you have to hit escape, configuration, voting or vote kick, maybe another, then search for the persons name (if you haven't forgotten it by then) then click it. Then convince others to go thru this same trouble (yeah right). All the while, not seeing anything of the map or what's going on while you are doing this lengthy process. All because of one or a few idiots who must TK.

It is almost easier and quicker to quit the map yourself and go join another one....

Upvote 0
Hate to sound like a snotface, but the easiest way to solve this is to only visit well-policed servers.

Whenever the [=KAS=] server is running, we always have an admin in there - makes life easier for everyone.

Dont think I have ever been on the [=KAS=] server, but I will make a point of looking out for it now.

It doesnt solve the problem for the many servers out there that arent well policed though. I dont expect a server admin to be available all the time, but I would like an easy way to votekick someone. If TW can change this it would be greatly appreciated by many of us, I am sure.

Upvote 0