• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Help With Sniping

Bolt action sniper rifles in tight maps are also at a huge disadvantage that they can't be hip-used at close range AND their reload is long and can't be stopped.
I shoot from the hip all the time with my bolt. I actually rely on that far more than using the pistol - it does more damage and hits better while hipped than any of the three pistols. Just like I hip-shoot alot with the regular bolt. As for the reload, I keep it full at all times. Two or three shots max before I reload, just to be safe. I never fire more rounds anyway before moving to another spot.

Upvote 0
Accuracy matters most. Take the bolt. Hipshooting with a bolt is actually very easy, and although Semi autos are better in close range, whats the point? You have a pistol for a reason, and they work wonders in close combat. TT33 is a 1 hit kill, and has little recoil, so you can take out an SMG. I can't say the same for Luger, because I can't seem to kill with it. Semi Autos are pretty inaccurate, unless you rest the gun on a surface, then its accurate, but unrested Semi auto rifles have problems hitting a target.

As for sniping, I am horrible at sniping, I can't hit anything. I pick Iron Sights over scope any day, I am surprised how hard and frustrating it is to snipe a person in Odessa with a scope (best map ever!) Maybe thats why people call me Scopeless Sniper.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Accuracy matters most. Take the bolt. Hipshooting with a bolt is actually very easy, and although Semi autos are better in close range, whats the point? You have a pistol for a reason, and they work wonders in close combat. TT33 is a 1 hit kill, and has little recoil, so you can take out an SMG. I can't say the same for Luger, because I can't seem to kill with it. Semi Autos are pretty inaccurate, unless you rest the gun on a surface, then its accurate.

As for sniping, I am horrible at sniping, I can't hit anything. I pick Iron Sights over scope any day, I am surprised how hard and frustrating it is to snipe a person in Odessa with a scope (best map ever!) Maybe thats why people call me Scopeless Sniper.

I can't wait til they fix this hip shooting crap. When people do that it just turns this into an arcade game. I challenge any of you to hit a target, much less get a kill shot by shooting from the hip. (real life I mean) I really hope this gets addressed.

Upvote 0
Well, its almost impossible to completly mimic real life, (RO is still realistic!) and we don't want people to be using iron sights 2 feet away from each other! Also, if the Hipshooting is nerfed then Riflemen have no chance in close range against other types of enemies, you deserve a kill if you hipshoot with a rifle, sure you have melee/bayonet, but I find them hard to kill with, and you have to be point blank to hit them, which is why I prefer hipshots over melee.

Upvote 0