• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I've just had a near life experience...

The car is in pretty poor shape, the radiator has totally had it as it's made its was into the main block of the engine, the battery has been cracked and the gearbox is jammed in neutral. All the pedals still move, and It does still start, I doubt it will run for longer than a minute though. The frame isn't too badly damaged (allthough I'm sure it's ****ed) as the majority of the impact was picked up by the fat-ass bumper and the radiator.

In other news I've found someone in my office who was behind me at the time, and saw me go through on green.

Hopefully this means I should be ok

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If he admitted fault on the scene and then told the police in a statement it was his fault your 1 million percent in the clear. They don't have a case he admitted it.
That should sum it up. Even if he later retracts his admission the police should be able to sort it out. Insurance companies usually check the police reports anyway before they pay anything.

It sounds like you handled it well. It never pays to go ballistic after an accident. The situation has enough stress without adding more. Make sure everybody is ok, get information from the other driver(s), and also the names and phone numbers of any witnesses, if possible. Then let the police sort it out. If you disagree with the results then going to court is always an option.

I'm glad no one was seriously hurt. Too bad about the car but cars will come and go. You've only got one body.

Upvote 0
Oww damn... sorry about your car...

I am guessing its a 1995 Saab 900 ???

I think your Saab is a fantastic car... far better then the new ones (GM)

And I think its worth fixing... besides the Smashed front... looks pretty new... but then again, I dont think you have 6 months of snow...

Also, you said that your engin didnt even turn off... you turned it off yourself...
I am guessing you need

-New bumper
-New hood
-new front left and right fenders.
-new front lights
-possible... radiator...

Its worth fixing.

Its not like Montreal... an 11 year old car in monteal is often in poor condition... due to the nasty winter we have... (I love our nasty winter)

I have had a near death freak in a car accident... with my brother driving tho...
On the highway... in winter... 1 inch of snow on the ground.

5speed 5LV8 TPI Camaro IROC-Z with finished summer tires.... ya... I was an idiot for getting in the car, with my brother's driving on top of it.

He downshifted from 5th to 4th jsut to change leigns... WHY !?! I dont know... but thats the last thing anyone should do... force your no grip tires to spin... ya

So the cars a$$ drifted to the right. (Slow Motion OWW****).. recovered, then since he didnt let go of the gas, the a$$ drifted to the left....(another slow motion Owww F***) and BAM in the side wall @80KMPH

At the time of the first impact... front right of the car on the side wall... the car pulled a 180degree and slammed in the wall a second time from the back left.

While it was spinning I looked outside of my passenger window... slow motion oww sh!t feeling... I SEE ALL OF THE TRAFFIC HEADING FOR MY DOOR...

Lucky me... all drivers saw the car drifting out of control and kept good slow distance...

Montreal Police and Ambulance service IMPRESSED ME.
Cop arrived 45 seconds later to stop the traffic... since its a Metal 1987 Camaro... the car was still in working condition so we drove it off the highway.
2 minutes later, ambulance came to check on us...

Upvote 0
Something good happened, the accident management company my employer works with has taken the case on, and for the time being at least will be providing me with a hire car. Probably a new Astra or summat until I get paid out. Fingers crossed they don't come accross any roadblocks from the third parties insurance company.
You are one of the lucky ones my friend. Most of the time getting your insurance carrier to foot the bill for a rental is like pulling teeth, especially without Full-Coverage.

Some companies want you to pay in advance, then reimburse you after the settlement. :mad:

Upvote 0
There are two things I hate in traffic... Women and old people. Only thing worse is old women :eek:

But seriously, I think that old people (like 60 or so) should redo the test. Or even better, everyone should do it every 10 years.
About redoing your test ... I AGREE.... I would love to redo mine because I am overconfident.

Joke...

Q: What do you do if you drive, then notice the car next to you is being driven by
A mix of, South African and Asian, old, Blond hair Women, talking on a cell phone ?

A: EVASSIVE ACTION!!!!!!!!!

(no offence intended... its all sarcasm...)

My latest car... the one I drive right now...
2002 Hyundai Elantra GT 2.0L 16V

Kinda looks like a saab...

Neighbor of mine... nice old man...
Fainted while rushing to get home

And... since he fainted... he used my parked car to stop his freaking buick
(Then my mother wakes me up (saterday morning) "Daniel! Daniel! come out fast, someone's car is in your car....)
not a good way to wake up lol

Ill post a pic later... insurance repaired it.
It cost almost the value of the car... but they fixed it pretty well.

And I got my rental... a 2002 civic manual 4 doors that I had lots of fun abusing pulling rally turns on dry streets, smoke shows.... (never abuse a car as bad as I abused that poor civic)

BTW
That Saab 900... if it was in Montreal... it would be worth 3000$ to 4000$ Considering the condition.

Your insurance should fix it... looking at that pic... its mostly front body damage.
UNLESS your car has frame damage... then its finished.

When shopping for your next car...
Visit
www.carsurvey.org
read the reviews of whatever you consider getting... that way you will be aware of common problems that people like us end up getting.
Make sure you check out how long the people drove the car considering some people buy a new car, drive it a day and post "ITS ROXXORZ AMAZING"

Question... where do you live ? I know its europe considering that your 1995 Saab 900 looks far far better then North american Saab 900

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How about this:

I've not been driving since Mid May because of someone else not taking liability for an accident between me and him.

I was pulling out to the right (thats across both lanes for us english people ;) ) of a 1 way road onto the main street in my town. There was a small filter box so I could get half way into the road and wait for a gap from the left, but due to cars being parked by a chinese opposite it that gap was unusable from the traffic to the left.

So I pulled half way across the road into a HUGE gap, but traffic on the left didnt stop. Eventually traffic on the right had to wait so someone on the left stopped to let me out.

As I accelerated out someone pulled AROUND the stationary cars on the right and right infront of me. I hit his passenger side.

There wasnt much damage. Dented his door panel, broke my front light, bent my bumper a bit etc. etc. It misaligned my steering but that was the worst bit.

Well, basically, his insurance company keep taking 28-35 days to respond to everything (The accident happened 2nd March and we're still waiting for a court date). He's claiming HALF liability for the accident. This means that I can't have a no-claims bonus because it's still being sorted out. This means that my insurance has gone from

Upvote 0
Insurance companies are infact...evil.

Roundabouts however are simply fantastic. WTF do you want to congest traffic with lights for!!! Damn crazy ppl.

I must admit, I have never been in one, and as a Canadians... driving on the right side of the road... eeeeek.... Sounds fun and interesting...

However... as everyone like to brag about their nation having such crappy drivers and considering himself the exception... I say 50% of Drivers in Quebec are totally lost and would not make it out of those things alive...

Probably stop their car, get out... and walk.... lol :D

Upvote 0
Oi. Insurance companies are not a good neighbor, they have clumsy (actually, make that ****-retentive) hands, and they're not there, REGARDLESS of what the commercials all say. They exist only to make money. If you have big bucks and have full coverage with no deductable, you'll have an easier time getting money from them, but for the rest of us schmucks just getting by with what we have to have, fuggedabouddit! They don't like you, just your money.

Aside from that, glad to hear you're ok mate! :D Don't worry about the car. Looks much better than my first car ended up. And this one wasn't your fault! :D

Upvote 0