• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How are the new Forceware 91.47 N-VIDIA drivers?

I was just wonderinbg, how are the new 91.47 drivers?? Iknow the previous 9*.** drivers were absolutely crap, so how is this new one?? Stil unreliable and bugy??

Thanks for any info

Dont know and I will NOT try them...

I think it also depends on your videocard... for example..

If you have a 6600GT or a 6800GT...

The card was released with 7x and maybe 8x drivers...

I think 9x drivers have a lot of support and updates for features included with the latest cards such as 7800's

For that reason... I dont think I need to bother...
Last 9x driver I tried was HORRIBLE... and gave me SLI errors when i am running an AGP card...

(I run a 6600GT on AGP8x)

Upvote 0
I had a lot of trouble with the 91.47 drivers, in as much that media files were not being read correctly.
Although games seemed to be running OK !

I went back to the 84.21 drivers and all is working.
If there's a new 95. x out I will give it a chance, but only one !

I posted in the support thread a couple of days ago, if you want a few more details.

6600gt 128 agp.

Upvote 0
we shall see ;)
should be getting a 7900gto in mail tomorrow to replace a 6800gs.

You should be fine with the 9x drivers in that case.

What I am more interested in is the performance gain you will get going from a 6800 to a 7900, I was thinking of changing my 6600gt for a 7600gt.
I have looked at the Toms hardware reports but I'm not convinced that the gain would be worth a 200

Upvote 0
I think that as long as you have something around the Athlon64 3800 on a 939pin nforce4 mobo... you should have a good speed jump...

If you run something slower you will see a speed jump but not as big as you would hope for considering the CPU Bottleneck...

(I was very dissapointed when I upgraded from a 9600XT256mb to the 6600GT... but ya... the 9600 was running at 100% while the 6600GT is suffering from CPU bottleneck) (Got 462pin barton athlonxp)

Upvote 0
I think that as long as you have something around the Athlon64 3800 on a 939pin nforce4 mobo... you should have a good speed jump...

If you run something slower you will see a speed jump but not as big as you would hope for considering the CPU Bottleneck...

(I was very dissapointed when I upgraded from a 9600XT256mb to the 6600GT... but ya... the 9600 was running at 100% while the 6600GT is suffering from CPU bottleneck) (Got 462pin barton athlonxp)

Getting the 7900gto for $260 usd - i think its its a very strong GPU for the $$$.
the Medievil Demo II demo brought my system to semi-unplayable FPS with any eyecandy "on". We shall see.

Running a Athlon 3500+ CPU - crossing fingers thats not a bottleneck.

Upvote 0
A bit late but here are 2 very detailed comparison pages for ATI and for nVidia cards.
Note that memory bandwith is the actual speed of the card. All this data is processed by GPU. Memory and GPU speeds don't say much by themselves. (In raw computing power my GeForce 4 4400ti 128MB outperformed the GeForce 7300GS (128MB and 256MB) (which is quite new) 8.8GB/s vs. 6.48 GB/s

ATI
nVidia

Compare memory bandwith and number of pipelines (more pipelines practically means more goodies) besides GPU and memory speeds (GPU and memory speeds don't tell much about actual performance). In fact those factors are the most important.

Compare older series (ATI 9800 for instance) and newer series (x300-x600XT). Same goes for nVidia cards like with my example with my old 4400ti vs 7300GS.

That Radeon X1950 XTX is an animal b.t.w. ... ... 64GB/s
GeForce 7950 GX2 does 76.8GB/s drool.....

Upvote 0
You should be fine with the 9x drivers in that case.

What I am more interested in is the performance gain you will get going from a 6800 to a 7900, I was thinking of changing my 6600gt for a 7600gt.
I have looked at the Toms hardware reports but I'm not convinced that the gain would be worth a 200€ investment !

Please keep us, (or me at least) updated on the results.

Thanks in advance ...51
I have this card, its very nice. Can run most games (on my PC) at 1440x900 with 2 or 4x AA at max settings. Exept the monster of a game that is oblivion...

Although that was a jump up from a 5700LE, which is one of the shoddiest cards ever made. Before that I had a GeForce 4 MX440 and that ran a couple of games better than the 5700le did...

Anyway, I will try the new drivers... And maybe even the beta ones :)

Upvote 0