• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Those tank MG's

The only reason I can think of is the noise in the turret of firing the co-ax is enough to effect your the fluid in your ear and hence your balance. So it's not the turret that shakes, but rather your brain / eyes is compensating for a motion / movement that isn't really there.

I don't know if this was the reasoning behind TW coding this or if this would really have happened, I'm just guessing.

EDIT: I'm not saying the optics move, but rather your eyes.
I've been too close to a thunder-flash when it went off, and to me it appeared that the ground shook. But it didn't, and as I was lying down, it could have only been my eyes that were "shaking".
If you make yourself dizzy, your vision will keep pulling off to the side and then snapping back to the front, because your brain is compensating for the motion it can "feel", but itsn't really happening.

Anyway, we need a Dev from TW to answer this one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm assuming you have to be touching the MG to fire it, so the actual person would probably move a bit, but I don't see why the sights should...

fired by solenoid in main-gun mounts, the gunner doesn't touch the MG, because its on the other side of the main gun ( so the loader can load it... )

in contrast the bow-mgs ( which the radio-operator manually directs, doesn't recoil at all )

Upvote 0