• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

VE3D Exclusive About The Free Fall Booster Pack

http://www.o5m6.de/universal_mkI.html

itas7009.jpg

notice how on these pictures the soldiers that sit inside the universal carrier and the sdkfz 251 have their heads stick out!
in the in-game UC and sdkfz, the soldiers are completely hidden inside, is this a deliberate choice? because in real life your head would stick out of those vehicles... just asking

Upvote 0
well i made a 1:35 model of a sdkfz 251 once, and i remember that the two driver seat in front were lower than the rear seats. there was a little step between them. in the game if im right the seats are all at the same level

35083.jpg

BTW, is there any chance of having the sdkfz pakwagen in a future update? its not like a complete new vehicle
since its just a halftrack with a pak gun. this could make of the sdkfz a vehicle "not to mess with" giving the
infantry anti-tank power without having actual tanks de-stabilising the battles

Last edited:
Upvote 0
http://www.o5m6.de/universal_mkI.html

itas7009.jpg

notice how on these pictures the soldiers that sit inside the universal carrier and the sdkfz 251 have their heads stick out!
in the in-game UC and sdkfz, the soldiers are completely hidden inside, is this a deliberate choice? because in real life your head would stick out of those vehicles... just asking
Exactly, here another one:
Hadi%20TATA%20SDKFZ.jpg

So looking over the shield of the MG should be possible.
Allthough that has been suggested on several occasions.

Upvote 0
ofcourse, you only had to stand up. But it isn't nessesery for the infantry because that would be hard to do for the animator

if the infantry inside the sdkfz could stand up and shoot outside then that would make the sdkfz an incredibly effective mobile bunker. think of panzerfausts... or commanders that could use binoculars and call strike through the sdkfz radio

and instead of making animations for this, why not just open the back doors so you can walk in and shoot out of it going from stand up to crouch so your in cover between shots

Upvote 0
if the infantry inside the sdkfz could stand up and shoot outside then that would make the sdkfz an incredibly effective mobile bunker. think of panzerfausts... or commanders that could use binoculars and call strike through the sdkfz radio

and instead of making animations for this, why not just open the back doors so you can walk in and shoot out of it going from stand up to crouch so your in cover between shots
I doubt that you'd use a Panzerfaust in a vehicle, especially if people are sitting behind you.
It is very risky to use a Panzerfaust in a not open place. You could do that with the PIAT.

Thanks for the clarification Gwart.

Upvote 0
Don't misconstrue me, of course I like every new content to ro but I can't get into the new update.

The two vehicles are nice new 3d models but they don't bring any gameplay enhancements. I don't think bringing the panzer IV H is a good idea because the skirts aren't modeled realistically enough. In real life they fellt easily off.
The BF mod Battlegroup42 has a feature for random missing skirt plates:
http://www.battlegroup42.de/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=79

The enhanced view distance is very promising, even though no official map uses it. But I hope in the future!

Upvote 0
The seating on the 251 series was all on the same level,drivers and passengers.

Whilst seated the head was way below the top of the vehicle,unless you we're 7' tall or had a really big hat on.
and where did you get this information? im holding my sdkfz 251 model in my hands right now and the driver seats are defenately lower than the passenger seats, at least 30 cm! and i also have ww2 books with pictures that clearly show that sitting passengers have their heads stick out. the reason for this level difference is the spring system of the track wheels that is placed underneath the passenger area. you will notice that the driver seats are lower since they are above the first tracktion wheel that has no suspension system

I doubt that you'd use a Panzerfaust in a vehicle, especially if people are sitting behind you.

right, but if youre the only one standing up, then you can fire it without problems.

Upvote 0
Your right , i've found some groundbreaking evidence in the last few minutes that proves it.

halftrackyw8.png

Speaking of model kits though here's a sprue for Dragon's 'D' model 251

DML_251-A2.JPG

All nice and 'level' for the seats to go on, with maybe a 4-6 inch difference in r/l between the seat
cusion heights.Thats for Drivers and Passengers.

Hardly a full foot as you claim though.

Are you referencing the Tamiya kit>?.

Upvote 0