• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Somebody speak to me!!

ramsy66

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 10, 2006
Nottingham, UK
I just recieved a new headset today, and I thought I'd go onto Red Orchestra to test it out, I've heard it's much more fun to play when using the headset to communicate. So I went onto a server, put myself onto the Public channel, said hi... No reply... Asked if anyone could hear me.... No reply. So I typed in "Can you guys hear me?".... No reply... I know that my voice is being heard because the little gauge thing goes up and down when I speak.

Why doesn't anybody communicate?! I tried 3 different servers, and not ONE reply! Are there any servers dedicated to headset users?

Looks like you just got unlucky with a few ignorant players or bots :D. Go on a popular, nearly full server and you shouldn't have a problem. Also go in options and find the bit about bandwidth usage and change it to high because I think this makes you use more bandwidth for transmitting speech (people should hear you better).

Upvote 0
few things, you need to pick a good teamwork server.
I like ones like RTR and FK they seem alright. Second make sure you mic is working and on. I know it sounds dumb but thats where most problems come from go to start/accessories/entertainment/sound recorder and record yourself saying something. If you hear it then your good if not make sure ifs setup right, try different ports, make sure its on, make sure all your settings in the volume panel are right. Then ingame make sure you set it up right and when you holding down the button speak clearly, slowly and make sure you close enough to the mic. It doesnt start transmitting until you start talking so it sometimes chops the first words you say off.

Upvote 0