• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Siege of Breslau: Information needed

Chernuk

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 29, 2006
I'm working on a map featuring fighting in the centre of Breslau, Germany (now Wroclaw, Poland).

Does anyone have any good sources of information regarding the regiments, the tatics, and the actual fighting that took place?

I have the information off the actungpanzer website and I'm going to pick up a copy of "To the bitter end" by Rolf Hinze tonight from the Ottawa U library, but so far that's all the substantial sources of information I have managed to find.

If you know of any good sources of information regarding Breslau, please share.

Also, if anyone has a copy of Siege! by Patrick McTaggart could you let me know if it is a worthwhile buy?

Thanks,

Chernuk
progress.gif

I'll repeat my reply from the map making forum:

Red Storm on the Reich by Christopher Duffy is the book you'll *definitely* want to check out. It deals with East Front 1945. up to and *excluding* the much written Battle of Berlin. Thus, it covers ferocious but less known battles, from this desperate phase of the war, including siege of German festung cities Posen, Breslau, Danzig, Kolberg etc etc. Lots of potential RO map making material there.

There is solid chapter on Breslau with (writing from memory) a map or two.

Oleg

Upvote 0