• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

steam is having trouble connecting to the steam servers

steam is having trouble connecting to the steam servers

Have tried everything, finally found some info at Slashdot :(

Please read this: http://games.slashdot.org/games/05/01/30/0323220.shtml?tid=204&tid=128&tid=10

"They say that if one of the master servers goes down that the accounts held there become unavailable immediately. The other big problem is that while the Steam network is down even the offline games are unplayable".

Perhaps a server went down with permanent loss of data and no back up was made of the accounts? (has any one else had this problem)

Steam still has no support information on this error and do not reply to requests for help!

Both My ROOST accounts have gone the same way (I have the download & boxed version on seperate PC's).

Please advise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have tried everything,
Please advise.

take anything from steam forum users with a few tons of salt (and even then sniff it from a distance and walk away before ingesting).

if you still can't access a steam server, check your firewall/router/antivirus to make sure you have the proper ports still open or appropriate exceptions made. troubleshoot your network/system.

once you're up and running with steam, the worst you'll probably ever have to do regarding steam itself is reinstalling it. copy out your steamapps directory, uninstall steam, reinstall steam, copy back in your steamapps dir.

good luck

Upvote 0
Thank you for your advise

Thank you for your advise

Sigh..........

Yes I have all my ports open in my Router for Steam (Which have not changed since I first played on Steam).

My firewall is set to allow connections (this has not changed either).

Since STEAM had a server problem, I have not been able to start STEAM or play the game.

All I get at start up is "steam is having trouble connecting to the steam servers".

It will not accept either one of my account details (UN and PW). I have requested my account details by e-mail, it responds by telling me that there are no such accounts..........

I guess I will call it a day, I just do not have the time to fix this.

Sorry all you guys I play ROOST online with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
have you tried accessing your account on any computer where you saw before 100% certain a steam account worked correctly on. Possible your steam is just ****ed up ;) (and that could be because of a big steam problem doesn't have to be your fault but its always nice to try that its not your computer and indeed that your steam account may be ****ed up).

If the account is ****ed up you should really contact steam i don't think most people can help you here with steam problems.

Upvote 0