• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to the community? Introduce yourself!

New to RO

New to RO

I just bought RO over the weekend and I'm really enjoying it. Just playing in practice mode for now. I'm not only new to RO but also to online gaming. I have played FPS games like MOH, COD, etc., but not online.

I'd like to get onto the public forums but I'm not sure if I need an intercom setup or not (don't have one presently). Also, I'd like to meet some folks who are patient and can get me started with team play. I'm on the US west coast (PST).

In the meantime, I'll keep practicing and will probably venture into the public areas after I get some more confidence. Looking forward to having some fun on the ostfront!

Grunt

Upvote 0
Hey everyone, played RO during the free weekend period and bought it right away. I love this game, steep learning curve though as I came from DoD (which was starting to bore me)

I enjoy both aspects of this game, some days I just want to cruise around in a tank, other days I feel like being a grunt.

RO name is "Syd", say hi if you ever see me!

Cheers:cool:

Upvote 0
I got to know when this map takes place so I can guss what guns will be in it. My guss is some time in 1944-45?

Anyway all we seem to get is weapons and new infantry maps. So it's good to see that we will be getting somthing for all the vehicle buffs out there like me.

BTW: I think TW made great choices with the UC and the Panzer 4H.

I still think we need a combined arms map for back in 1942. It would rock to see dark Gray versions of the Panzer 4 F1, and the Panzer 3s agian in a new map.

Upvote 0
I'm new to this forum but I got the game nearly a month ago now. I've been playing it almost every day since then, and I like to consider myself experienced and an active supporter of the game.

I had heard of Red Orchestra back when it was still a mod, but I never owned UT2004 so I couldn't try it. I didn't actually hear of Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 until the free week on Steam, I was unsure but one of my friends pressured me to try it so I did, it took me a couple days to completely adjust to the realism but after that I was fine. I'm 16 years old, which I've found is younger than the average age among RO players, but I'm glad. I was never part of the CS crowd. The only other online game I played a lot was Call of Duty and it's expansion pack United Offensive. But I found the immaturity in that game to be very irritating, and not only that, I was often accused of hacking. In my month of playing RO, I haven't been accused once despite quite a few fluke shots.

I have a broad range of FPS experience, but the game I've probably spent more time on than any other is Operation Flashpoint, which I played on and off for four years.

Anyway, just saying hello and that I'm glad to be here. I've already had plenty of great times in Red Orchestra, and hopefully many more to come.

I disagree, do use practice mode to learn the basics, but do not assume that the game onine will be as laggy with 32 human players :)
I played a couple maps on Practice mode when I started, before going into any internet games, to learn the basic gameplay mechanics, set the controls and graphics to my liking, and practice with the weapons and movement. It was helpful, worked out very well.

Upvote 0
I've only just picked up Ostfront last week - I used to play the UT 2004 mod a lot, and I've since bumped into a few old friends on Ostfront servers. I like the game a lot - I think overall Tripwire have really improved things since the mod.

I'm trying to track down a few players who I used to play against/with - namely the Odin clan and CrotchArmour. I'm also looking for a UK-based clan to join - I play a bit of CS:S as well.

Upvote 0
Hi, I am a 24 year old irish gamer whos been playing online games since '99. I started playing RO at the very end of the free week and was suprised enough to buy the full game considering my background is primarily based on Quake 3 and Enemy Territory. Things that keep me coming back for more RO would include the lack of cheating, the more mature community, general asshole free servers and tripwires continuous updates and support on their forums.

I've been a big fan of military history since I was a kid and the atmosphere of the game combined with its immersion is unparalled in WW2 games. The general look/feel of the weapons and the resting weapon system is makes this game a winner for me. If you've ever noticed a OneManArmy charging you with a bayonet or a Pulveriz0r suicide bombing you know im about :p.

Upvote 0
Hell Oh!!!! every 1 nice to be here!
I play RO for a few months and i love every moment i have with it
i am a new player it is my second FPS game(ahhh those wonderfull
moment i had with FAR CRY A.I. are now past!!!!:rolleyes:)but i am a quick
learner,C YA ALL in the fields of battle!!:cool:

Looking forward to fighting you :)

Upvote 0
Hi everyone

I have been playing on public servers for a few months now. I am a 3D artist working in gaming at the moment on a FPS for a current portable system. RO is the best on line multilayer shooter I have played. I think I am getting pretty good at the machine gunner and tank crew roles and I have been reading the stratgey forum which is very helpful. Using the com to work with teammates makes the game allot more fun and the team more effective so I would like to join a clan I think to play some more structured battles with effective commanders.
So anyone looking for an extra man willing to follow orders and take risks give me a shout.

P.S I use an X-box 360 controller for the pc to play is anyone else using this thing or other customizable controllers maybe we can compare configs...

100% Canadian

Upvote 0