• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

VE3D Exclusive About The Free Fall Booster Pack

Awesome! I have a few Q's, like everybody else:

Has the viewing distance been edited on any current stock maps? Also, is ROTV an alternative the in-game recording?

No, stock maps have not been edited. We feel this would take major reworking of those maps and would rather design new ones taking distance into account from the start.

ROTV - Depends what you mean. Can you record from it? yes. Does it have the same first person weapon not showing issue? yes.

Upvote 0
Awesome! I have a few Q's, like everybody else:

Has the viewing distance been edited on any current stock maps? Also, is ROTV an alternative the in-game recording?

No view distance was changed on current maps, as there are no current official maps that would take advantage of it without being rebuilt from the ground up. Basically, just because you can see twice as far, doesn't mean you can show twice as much stuff. So for a map to have a playable framerate at say 2000-3000 meter view distance, it has to have far less detail than any of the current official maps.

And no, ROTV is not an alternative to ingame recording. It is a way of broadcasting matches to large numbers of poeple as they are being played, like UTV or HLTV.

Upvote 0
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! The new map looks amazing, it really must be using that Unreal Engine to its fullest. I'm suprized at the amount of new textures and everything, TWI is doing a great job keeping all their maps varied and distinct from one another. Good to see the Russian transport is going to be added, but I think it might just end up being tank-bait like the German Halftrack; the new vehicle looks very good none the less. Keep it up :D

Upvote 0
Lookin at the screens a bit more...seems that the old 88's capzone may have been tossed out, and the area behind the bridgehead where Germans used to spawn and such re-worked. It looks really nice :)

That bridgehead is nearly a carbon copy though, layout wise. Down to the 2 bridges, the placement of the sandbags and vehicle at one end of the right bridge, and the trees and sandbags on the far right side of that bridge. That or it has been way too long since I played the map :)

What kind of speeds we lookin at with the UC?

Upvote 0
Putz has been immortalized...
http://ve3dmedia.ign.com/ve3d/image...ll-booster-pack-preview-20061025012006653.jpg
putz.jpg

Upvote 0
Please tell me that the side of that building says PUTZ

Danzig, meh. One of my least favorite maps, but since it's been 'redone' from the ground up I'll hold my tongue till I try it. It looks like you can cross the water via that boat in between the two bridges, thats cool if it works that way.

The troop transport looks like tank fodder, fo' real.

Nice Job Tripwire. Thanks again for your hard work :)

edit... thank you to all of the testers as well!!!
thumbsup9hv.gif

Upvote 0
Twice as fast as the BA Kayos, with tripple the fire power with tripple the satchel man ocupancy. And we even added a feature so the sappers can toss their charges while still in the vehicle.

Can we still jump on the top and ride around like man purse cowboys??????? :D

Danzig only ****ed, REZ, with an imcompetent Allied team or a dominant Axis team. There were no bad times to be had as Axis on that map...

Upvote 0