• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank riding (Merged a gazillion times use search FFS!)

That is awesome, lets talk about it for 3123781273891273988th time, shall we? :D Please dont treat me like i am a n00b, i hate that ;)

Err..... I wasn't. I was just pointing out that there are a whole bunch of tank threads out there, and if you had read "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING," you would have known that.:)

Not true, if you actually go to other sources then wikipedia and read memoirs, combat reports, etc... you will find that desant did not get off the tanks quiet often, especially during raids. Tank brigades were actually the ones that adopted such tactic and their objectives were to get thru enemy defence lines as fast as possible, so infantry getting of tanks was not an option :D

Who's to say I didn't go to other sources? Wikipedia happened to be the only source I have that is online......

And yes, I have read many contradictory reports, and it seems to me that the riders usually got off before combat. Usually.

However, notice that I agree with you. I want this feature implemented.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know about you, but I would not want to be sat on a tank in a combat situation, and in turn I doubt the tank crew would want you on their tank. Unless you are all wearing the most amazing camo.

Amazing we are about realism..... yet you do not want foot soldiers to be able to ride on a Tank.

The real questions are was in done during the war? Did its practice offer strategic value? Was it done on a widespread basis?

The answers are all yes.... Whether we chose in the game to do it or not is our choice.

"Choice" being the operative word. :)

Upvote 0
Whenever I can, I try to hop onto T60s and other light tanks to cover their rears from Pfzs and PTRDs. It's pretty useless on the T60, however, since a direct frontal hit with a Pfz will kill it.

Usually I try jumping from a truck or a fence onto them. For the T60, however, i board it from the nearby dead cow XD

But yeah, I'm all for tank boarding. Be pretty useless in combat, since their weapons will probably be disabled (e.g the Halftrack), but it sure beats running all the way to town in Arad or Ogeldow when everyone's run off with the halftracks.

Upvote 0
GTFO MY TANK.

1143101877264gu6.jpg

Russians were well known to charge into combat with tanks fully loaded with infantry. Watch that scene from stalingrad, you know, with the T-34's and the magnetic mines

Upvote 0
i am making a map right now and im thinking of making ramps next to the tanks at spawn, by wich soldiers can easilly get on the panter rear deck, and drive to the battle wich is far from spawn. im also thinking of doing this for the sdkfz 251, so you can stand in them and shoot outside! to get out, you just press f twice

what ya think of that??

Upvote 0
i am making a map right now and im thinking of making ramps next to the tanks at spawn, by wich soldiers can easilly get on the panter rear deck, and drive to the battle wich is far from spawn. im also thinking of doing this for the sdkfz 251, so you can stand in them and shoot outside! to get out, you just press f twice

what ya think of that??

Direct hit HE in sdkfz 251 .
73ju9.jpg

If it happens to the tank that even worse. Simply now I do not have photo. For infantry the main thing in time to abandon a "taxi" .
If they have not time to make it war is finished.:eek:

I have laid out this photo because I do not want that tanks have turned to something similar to ancient fighting chariots.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
that crazy metal shoebox is a deathtrap, it goes really slow, you almost stand still when you turn and it is kaput with one pf, it's basicly a sitting duck.

I'd rather be in the pimpmobile with some protection from axis bullets than out in the open

Besides, it may be slow, but you have to remember its a real girl-puller ;)

Next stop...West Coast Customs :D

Upvote 0