• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed today

Give me tips on how to avoid going crazy.

I have had that too... my mouth was all numb so i couldnt spit at all, but it kept bleeding the entire day... i felt like throwing up for 2 days because of the
f*cking taste :p
then an entire week of nibbling on pasty potatoes,, whatever its called:rolleyes:
because i couldnt chew or it would hurt like hell from opening my mouth... the stitches would stretch out and hurt like hell...

my tip is not to read this;)

Upvote 0
Hang in there. Sometimes it's OK, sometimes it's not. They probably gave you Tylenol with a narcotic, which may not actually address the swelling, which may keep the pain going. If you get desperate, leave a message with the dentist about whether you can take a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory such as Aleve or ibuprofen.

Ice can be your friend, on the outside. Keep a paper towel or two handy as a muffler between the bag and your face.

Salt water is probably a really, really good idea, as a rinse. They should've given you some discharge instructions.

As far as distractions, you're probably not thinking real well. This is probably a good time for something odd (someone mentioned Pink Floyd's The Wall) ... I remember my brother got a ride to a Michigan State University art festival and really enjoyed it. Try something brain-dead, too, like a movie along the lines of "Snakes On A Plane."

Hang in there.

Upvote 0
Hang in there. Sometimes it's OK, sometimes it's not. They probably gave you Tylenol with a narcotic, which may not actually address the swelling, which may keep the pain going. If you get desperate, leave a message with the dentist about whether you can take a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory such as Aleve or ibuprofen.

Ice can be your friend, on the outside. Keep a paper towel or two handy as a muffler between the bag and your face.

Salt water is probably a really, really good idea, as a rinse. They should've given you some discharge instructions.

As far as distractions, you're probably not thinking real well. This is probably a good time for something odd (someone mentioned Pink Floyd's The Wall) ... I remember my brother got a ride to a Michigan State University art festival and really enjoyed it. Try something brain-dead, too, like a movie along the lines of "Snakes On A Plane."
Hang in there.
Thats good advice, I knew a guy who did have the steroids, and it made him hyper for awhile, then he'd crash, usually sleeping in one of the college lounges.
BTW, no more wisdom teeth? Not so smart now, are ya? :p

Upvote 0
"Pfff, that's nothing! Be a man about it!"

jaws.jpg

Upvote 0
Ahh dental fun; I'm in the last stages of getting dental implants (to replace several adult teeth I never had).

Stage one, after lots of molds, x-rays and CT scans of my jaw, 4 hours of surgery to remove the worn baby teeth and a bone graft to my sinuses where they cut a window through the jaw and squirted in bone pulp harvested from my hip. Luckily all done under general.

Stage two, 3-4 hours in the dentists chair while my jaw gets drilled and tapped with the titamium implants (4 each side). This is done under sedation so while I was awake I hardly felt a thing and now don't remember much of it.

Stage three (still in progress) more molds and getting the false teeth mounted on the implants.

This has been going on since August last year. Most painful thing, the bone graft. Never, ever experienced gut renching, vomet inducing pain as I got when I aggrivated the graft site (like sneezing, coughing).

Upvote 0
be glad not impacted ;)

i was extremely broke with no insurance soi had all four out with minimal amount of novacain. 15 years later i can quite vividly recall the feeling of them being cracked and feeling the removal the peices. then the most strange feeling was the the thread being pulled through my gums as they sewed up the mess.

i originally had told them no novacain b/c cost - but he said he wouldnt do that.

Upvote 0
be glad not impacted ;)

i was extremely broke with no insurance soi had all four out with minimal amount of novacain. 15 years later i can quite vividly recall the feeling of them being cracked and feeling the removal the peices. then the most strange feeling was the the thread being pulled through my gums as they sewed up the mess.

i originally had told them no novacain b/c cost - but he said he wouldnt do that.
Wow.:eek:

Upvote 0
be glad not impacted ;)

I never had to have mine removed, thank god. I can't imagine going through something like that. You sir, have balls of Titanium.:eek:

Upvote 0