• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gothic 3(56k warning blabla)

Tis true, but as there is no "aiming" like on CoJ it is just your basic post processing effect. No real purpose for it to be variable or anything. It would be nice if you could "focus" on stuff but I'm not fussed.

In gameplay news, I got my arse handed to me by a large fearsome boar. I hadn't save for a while and had been slaying wolves for ages and it upset me :(

But then it was ok, because as I was walking around listening to the music enjoying the scenery I got that "OMG amazing world" feeling that I got when I first played Outcast, or when I finally appreciated Morrowind. I also found my first teleporter stone, which are bound to certain places so you don't have to walk constantly.

Upvote 0
This game has yet to be released in the US. I'm looking forward to it. I'm just curious about a couple aspects of the game.

1) Is it 3rd person, 1st person, or either?

2) How does the game run and what are your PC specs? I can't find the requirements on the Offical Gothic 3 site.

I'm wanting to hold off upgrading until the Kentsfields are prominent. My current specs are:

ABit IC7-G 875P Chipset
3.2 GHz Prescott Intel
1Gig (2x512) PC 3200 Crucial
BFG 6800 Ultra
Creative Audigy

Upvote 0
1) First or third, allthough I think 3rd is preferred as when you come out of something (conversation, using stuff) it goes back there automatically.

2)I posted my spec earlier in the thread, it chugs a little when you go somewhere filled with people for the first time, but once that's done it smooths out nicely.

I forget my mobo.
XP3700
GeForce 7800GT
2GB PC3200 DDR
Audigy 4

I'm running the game on max dets with 4xAAF at 1280x1024, I'm yet to run it with Fraps open to monitor the fps. Will do it when I get back from work.

In game news, I mistakingly thought I was harder than 3 wolves and got upset when they totally kicked my arse in no time at all.

Edit - Ran fraps, aparently I'm only averaging 25 fps, allthough it looks a lot smoother than it sounds, I've considered lowering some detail settings etc but I dont see the point unless it disturbs the gameplay.

I finally learnt the shield parry skill today, turns out I could have done it ages ago and saved myself loads of trouble fighting bloody wildlife. It's a little irritating getting killed by a boar when you've just single handedly killed 3 orcs :(
The most important thing about Gothic 3 is to remember, just because your character is better, doesn't mean you're always going to win. Fighting different enemies requires different approaches and if you get it wrong you get killed. More so at lower levels in any case.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This game has yet to be released in the US. I'm looking forward to it. I'm just curious about a couple aspects of the game.

1) Is it 3rd person, 1st person, or either?

2) How does the game run and what are your PC specs? I can't find the requirements on the Offical Gothic 3 site.

I'm wanting to hold off upgrading until the Kentsfields are prominent. My current specs are:

ABit IC7-G 875P Chipset
3.2 GHz Prescott Intel
1Gig (2x512) PC 3200 Crucial
BFG 6800 Ultra
Creative Audigy

Gogamer has the import listed. Same goes with Call of Juarez.

http://www.gogamer.com/Gothic-3-PC-Games_stcVVproductId6127390VVcatId444758VVviewprod.htm

Upvote 0