• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

i found a REASON TO SURRENDER!

It stops being a joke, where every single person makes a comparison of surrendering to the French. But hell why do I care.

Don't let it bother you, there are still Americans around that remember that the French were there for us in our hour of need, and that WWII was our way of returning the favor. As I remember reading when Americans captured the area surrounding lafette's grave, the American general was said to have gone to the grave to tell Lafayette "We have come late, but we have arrived" or something along those lines.

That and the sister of the Statue of Liberty resides somewhere in France =)

I have a hard time finding that quote, if someone knows of it on the website I'd love to see it,

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Don't let it bother you, there are still Americans around that remember that the French were there for us in our hour of need, and that WWII was our way of returning the favor. As I remember reading when Americans captured the area surrounding lafette's grave, the American general was said to have gone to the grave to tell Lafayette "We have come late, but we have arrived" or something along those lines.

i know some americans like to pick on europeans because they think we owe them for liberating us, and that now some get angry when we don't follow your government blindly.
but you must keep in mind that we(europeans) weren't liberated for free, we are still today paying colossal debts to the usa, in terms of trade agreements etc... so your grandfathers might have payed with their lives( for wich we are verry thankfull) but us ( the generations who didnt go thru the war) are still paying up to this day, while our grandparents also lost many sons as soldiers, but also women, children old people, their houses... but we can't complain, we have to thankfull...
remeber respect comes from both sides

now lets talk about the surrendering :) !

Upvote 0
i know some americans like to pick on europeans because they think we owe them for liberating us, and that now some get angry when we don't follow your government blindly.
but you must keep in mind that we(europeans) weren't liberated for free, we are still today paying colossal debts to the usa, in terms of trade agreements etc... so your grandfathers might have payed with their lives( for wich we are verry thankfull) but us ( the generations who didnt go thru the war) are still paying up to this day, while our grandparents also lost many sons as soldiers, but also women, children old people, their houses... but we can't complain, we have to thankfull...
remeber respect comes from both sides

now lets talk about the surrendering :) !

I think most of the people who "hate" europe/europeans are stupid internet kids and super-patriots.

Most people I know dont hold Europe in any disdain.

anyways, back to surrendering: GREAT IDEA!

Upvote 0
I really don't think this is a good idea to put in game at all, simply because it doesn't make much sense, why would soemone trust an enemy that just "surrendered" and let them go to fight for them? They wouldn't, what would happen is the person that surrendered would be put into a POW camp, even if the soldier truly wanted to fight for the enemy. Also it would make changing teams more convienient at times therefore makeing a lot more people do it; makeing the teams able to get uneven easier.

If this Idea was presented for Counter Strike: Source I would say it was a very good idea sense CS doesn't aim for realism and it would be a cool addition to the gameplay.

Upvote 0
I really don't think this is a good idea to put in game at all, simply because it doesn't make much sense, why would soemone trust an enemy that just "surrendered" and let them go to fight for them? They wouldn't, what would happen is the person that surrendered would be put into a POW camp, even if the soldier truly wanted to fight for the enemy.

a soldier that succesfully surrenders, will "disappear" and respawn as a new soldier in the team he surrendered to.
people can already switch teams now, but when you do so you inmediately die and respawn in the other team. does that seem more realistic to you???

i think that what you said makes not much sense (( sorry) since its a game) why would someone bother surrendering to the other team and start teamkilling, while if he didn't surrender he could kill them legally. surrendering is the most realistic feature you could implement, how do you think millions of german soldiers managed to survive the war, while they lost the war??
peolpe will recieve surrendering soldiers with open arms, since it means you have one enemy less to fight!

Upvote 0