• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Dolphin Diving Fix.....

The Dolphin Diving Fix.....

• Total voters

snakedude24

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2006
Any idea how long the delay will be?

I was thinking one second is way too long in a firefight, maybe a half second would work.

Would love to get dev feedback.

If anyone has a random suggestion for DD penalties, please post 'em.

Once again, thanks Tripwire - and I think as a community we all wuv you and give you a big big hug.

Another reason you guys keep me playing Red Orchestra - you actually give a sh1t about your customers.:D

*cough*Counterstrike*cough*Valve*cough*EA*cough

I'm going to go get my last kicks watching people dolphin dive:D

Last edited:
The problem was that you could start the iron sight animation while in the air, that had just the right timing so that the instant you hit the ground you would already have iron sights completely up and could shoot.

Now, when you are diving you will not be able to start 'brining up iron sights' animation until you have finished the 'diving' animation. You were basically doing two animations at once, and now you can't. :)

Upvote 0
In most cases people diving arn't jumping off something high enough that lets them bring up the sights. Although I have seen someone jump off a small cliff and kill me with his iron sights as he impersonated superman, but jumping from the tower is suicide!

What I am saying is that it's not the iron sights being called up after landing, that is fine, it's iron sights being call up while in the air.

THAT is the "dolphin diving"

Upvote 0
Hey now.... Im just happy its not as bad as BF2 man... where you could dive and shoot in mid air.... unlike diving in RO brining up sights in air.... and not being able to shoot until you hit the ground is fine as is for me..... doesnt bother me one bit....

what would be cool though... would be if you IS in mid air and you hit the ground.... your gun and arms should bend down to the ground and then come up..... there should be some motion there....

Upvote 0