• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dive to iron sights..

I find it funny that the people who where most against this made it more popular.... Now we may not be able to dive to iron sites we will still see diving and shooting... I have seen this "problem" since day one. It has followed the "J" curve of use and it really took off once a few members started continually Bicthin about it. I am glad the devs have decided to do something about it but mark my words someone is going to say they need to do more. Now we will have DDing smgers that just don’t use IS. Thanks for popularizing this “tatic”

If I were the devs I wouldn’t say a ****ing word again. Thanks to the devs for doing something (always had a feeling they where doing something) and addressing this.

Upvote 0
I find it funny that the people who where most against this made it more popular.... Now we may not be able to dive to iron sites we will still see diving and shooting... I have seen this "problem" since day one. It has followed the "J" curve of use and it really took off once a few members started continually Bicthin about it. I am glad the devs have decided to do something about it but mark my words someone is going to say they need to do more. Now we will have DDing smgers that just don’t use IS. Thanks for popularizing this “tatic”

If I were the devs I wouldn’t say a ****ing word again. Thanks to the devs for doing something (always had a feeling they where doing something) and addressing this.

If we never talked about it would never have been fixed at all - things don't get fixed unless they are percieved to be a problem. If there had been any indication that TW considered it to be a problem and were taking it seriously then I personally would have kept quiet about it but all they said was that it was a bug - do you think the other bug/exploit will ever get fixed? Not until it seems to be a problem I think because they have other stuff to do too. Is it ok that I and others use it whenever I want though? You can't leave it down to the gamers to choose if they cheat or not because some always will.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tiring to get the devs to give to taking about something is like trying to squeeze water from a rock. If you haven’t gotten that yet if feel sorry for you. If this is going to be change in the next patch that means they where talking about changing it MONTHS ago. If you have noticed they don’t announce anything until it is for sure going to be in the game and working correctly. Hell look at the server lag issue, there was a problem and they fixed it in record time. Compared to other games where it take months for them to even admit there maybe a problem. I think people have be come to demanding for things. IF it where any other game company the would laugh all the way to the bank and then ask an other 50 bucks for a expansion pack that fixes the problems in the pervious game.

Upvote 0
Tiring to get the devs to give to taking about something is like trying to squeeze water from a rock. If you haven’t gotten that yet if feel sorry for you. If this is going to be change in the next patch that means they where talking about changing it MONTHS ago. If you have noticed they don’t announce anything until it is for sure going to be in the game and working correctly. Hell look at the server lag issue, there was a problem and they fixed it in record time. Compared to other games where it take months for them to even admit there maybe a problem. I think people have be come to demanding for things. IF it where any other game company the would laugh all the way to the bank and then ask an other 50 bucks for a expansion pack that fixes the problems in the pervious game.

Fair play to them, but how are we to know they take it seriously unless they communicate? Another scenario might be that we never said a word after they announced it as a bug and then it never got fixed for months and months until it started appearing more frequently on the server and people started compaining then. It would have been more of a problem like that. If I thought they were looking into it seriously then I wouldn't have said anything - but from the lack of input compared to other threads I assumed they could have sidelined it for other stuff. It also didn't help with the people making out that it wasn't a useful tactic - we had to show TW that they were wrong and that promted us to continue the debate. This is the first thing that really needed to be fixed asap IMO since I started playing and with the repeated lack of input I had to assume they weren't going to do anything about it. OK maybe we shouldn't have doubted them but how were we supposed to know?

I know for any other company it would be laughable to expect this level of support but they have already said they will be patching through to next year so I guess we have come to expect fixes and stuff. I do appreciate it though - infact I would be willing to pay a sub for this game if they kept on patching after this year.

Upvote 0
As Ender said, we do not like to talk about anything until we are sure we have it squashed.

System works kind of like this.

1) Somebody reports it in the bug thread
2) My testers grab it from the bug thread and replicate it
3) 100% or close enough replication goes into mantis
4) Code team attempts fix for it
5) Test team checks to see if fix works, If yes, makes sure fix doesn't break anything new
6) If yes to break anything new, go back to step 3
7) If no to anything new, we pass this information along to the people.

Upvote 0
Vader said:
..you looked at me with your iron sights up and I "dded" you and you laughed..

because its so damn goofy... I knew it was you, and seeing you actually do it made me laugh so much I couldnt take an accurate shot, lol. It really is the tactic of a desperate person.

Also, I'm disappointed because at one point during that match I was so obviously engaging in melee, but you ran away so I was forced to shoot :( . Next time.

Ender said:
Hell look at the server lag issue, there was a problem and they fixed it in record time. Compared to other games where it take months for them to even admit there maybe a problem. I think people have become to demanding for things.

I agree. Save the demanding tone for issues that actually do break the game... otherwise your word might be watered down in the future when you really need it. I'm addressing everyone who threw themselves on the floor kicking and screaming about this (same goes for Panzer H people, all that mess and they had planned on including that tank long before you guys even brought it up). I understand it was annoying to you guys, but it turns out it wasnt a bug, nor was it even close to game breaking. I hope the change is implemented in a way that will please everyone.

...and since I know what comment will come next, I quote...
Ender said:
If you have noticed they don’t announce anything until it is for sure going to be in the game and working correctly.

Upvote 0
Yep, takes as long as it does for me to do it in real life :rolleyes:

Might as well bring this up now...

Yeah, the game respresents fairly well the time it takes to raise a gun up from your hip all the way to your shoulder ad line the sight up. No problem with that.

Now I've never had to defend my life from another armed human being with a rifle before, but if I was in a situation like that (this is just a shot into the dark here) I would probably want to be as ready as I possibly could. This means the gun's butt stock is at my shoulder, muzzle pointing slightly down. Definitely not at my hip.

Upvote 0
Thanks Rez and Yoshiro!:D

Just one more thing

So pretty much we should all shut up and not post any suggesting or fix suggestions because maybe the bugs we are talking about will be used.

I like that proposition. :rolleyes:
If you haven’t notice they do listen… Just because they don't tell you there intentions or what they are working on next doesn’t mean they aren’t listening. So far we have a new tank and some other vehicle the next patch.

Did you notice that I had a calm and realistic approach and even go a dev to describe there process of working on things.

An example of what to do is the devs created a post asking for suggestions fo the mg. Most where realistic and I’m sure many will be put in. I wount think this would happen with everything but they woundnt do this unless they where going to do something.

I haven’t heard much about what they are going to do but I am not going around demanding they tell me what they are doing. I wouldn’t mind if they did but as the past has shown and even confirmed by a dev, they are not going to announce anything until it’s a sure thing.

You guys remind be of a screaming kid demanding something and the devs just throwing up there hand and saying “FINE, HERE!” I hope you guys back off a bit and give them a chance the next time around.

Oh btw why where is my better MG!:p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, if you want it that way, you can walk around with your ironsights up all of the time :D

One of the devs already commented on this. WWII soldiers were not trained to keep the weapon in their shoulder, so there is no reason to model this in the game. Their method of firing was either hip or ironsight - the shoulder tactic didn't make much sense considering the weight of the rifles back then.

Last edited:
Upvote 0