• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ability for tank commander to shoot from cupola/hatch

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
When/if we get to the point where it takes a considerable amount of time to enter exit vehicles, I was thinking that perhaps the tank commander should be able to open the hatch and use either his SMG or pistol to dispatch of nearby enemy infantry, although at hightened risk to himself. This would hopefully do away with people teleporting out of their tanks to gun down the enemy infantry who are nearby, something which I consider totally unrealistic and quite frankly, irritating to the infantry.

Yup and more fun for the infantry and the sharpshooters

Yup and more fun for the infantry and the sharpshooters

I agree its very irretating to be gunned down by tankteleporters when u are lying in a cosy little place wating for the tank to roll past u. So u can shoot his friends that are running along in the back when they pass u.
So if the commander would be able to shoot from the hatch u might actually get a chance to shoot him first for a change:)
Kozuth

Upvote 0
this is a necessary feature!

i just read a journal of a german panther commander, who said that at night he bumped into 5 m10 tanks in a forest in the ardennes, he said that because the gunner could not see tru the gun visor at night, that he fired his flare pistol on the enemy tanks. lighting them up, and so his gunner took out all 5 tanks one by one...

Upvote 0
this is a necessary feature!

i just read a journal of a german panther commander, who said that at night he bumped into 5 m10 tanks in a forest in the ardennes, he said that because the gunner could not see tru the gun visor at night, that he fired his flare pistol on the enemy tanks. lighting them up, and so his gunner took out all 5 tanks one by one...

Was that in a Mag called World War 2??

Upvote 0