• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Need help hitting treads and engine

Heya all, it's The_Cook

I'm having the darndest time taking out treads and engines on tanks, and those damn pics tripwire gave us aren't really helping especially for the treads, can someone help me please?
Use HE rounds and fire it next to the treads. Do this only when you have trouble using AP rounds, which ricochet. Also, make sure your tank is angle before engaging in this sort of combat that require the switching of ammo type.

Upvote 0
Its damn near impossable to knock a tread off on purpose and if you do manage to knock it off you wont know unless you move around the tank and they dont reangle it. Personaly i think the treads should be the weakest part of the tank. I really dont think a tank can handle a ap round hitting the track. even modern tanks i dont think they are strong enough for that. Angle shouldnt matter much with the tracks even. so many moving wheels and the tracks that are basicly loose just held in place by gravity and spring tension i would assume a ap round would break a link in that chain pretty easy. But thats just what i think. Never really shot a tank cannon at a tank track so i could be way off.

Upvote 0
dude i didnt put down proof because its so obvious and i thought id be patronising the people of this board if i did so; obviously not....

88mm tank shells bounce of the armour of the russian SPG at point blank, the ptrd can kill tigers, tanks have "hitpoints", it is next to impossible to knock tracks off - im quite sure an AP shell to the wheels or any part of the track would stop it from driving, more often than not a hit to the engine means nothing more than a glowing part on the damage thing of the hud

i could go on but i wont

enough for you "snakedude24"?

Upvote 0
dude i didnt put down proof because its so obvious and i thought id be patronising the people of this board if i did so; obviously not....

88mm tank shells bounce of the armour of the russian SPG at point blank, the ptrd can kill tigers, tanks have "hitpoints", it is next to impossible to knock tracks off - im quite sure an AP shell to the wheels or any part of the track would stop it from driving, more often than not a hit to the engine means nothing more than a glowing part on the damage thing of the hud

i could go on but i wont

enough for you "snakedude24"?

but problems dont get fixed until there is proof. Look at it this way, if TWI spends there whole day working on the game how much time do you think there going to spend playing it at night? So when we see problems alot because were playing for awhile everyday, they might see once and awhile. They need to be able to replicate. Its always a good idea to be on the safe side and provide proof even if it is self evident.

Upvote 0