• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Are guns easy to use in real life?

Not only germans but well used them as a true example = Tord the end of the war gemans used young boys age 12 thru 17 and many of them were good not only with light recoil submachine guns but even the famous MP 44 they also used the recoiless rocket to kill tanks... many soviet tank crew went back to russia in a box from a sneaky 14 year old german boy. Only a heavy recoil shotgun would be a problem with a untrain young person if try shooting it the first time.

Upvote 0
Guns are so easy to use, let me tell you.

I recommend M44s for new shooters.
Actually, I just took RobotFrank out shooting today. His first time shooting anything.

Scott2.jpg

See video here.

ScottRobotFrank.jpg

His first rounds ever fired out of a rifle were from my 8mm FN-49. Then I switched him over to the M44. Then I switched him over to the M39, on which he stayed until he gave the FN49 another go right before we packed up for the day.

Upvote 0
nice indoor gun range . butt for rifles you need a outdoor range . and those who have just plain woods are even better. a junk car.. a few watermelons "your imagination is the limits " is a pure blast. and all targets set at least 100 yards and behond. set milk jugs full of water inside a old or abandom and behond repair vehicle shoot into the vehicle . never shoot into a vehicle unless you know theres no 1 inside that includes explosives . "you never know" back in the 70s this fools shot into a trailer full of explosives . only the shoes were found and part of the foot.

Upvote 0
Easiest gun I've ever shot was a submachine gun (STG76). No recoil, no muzzle lift, just heavy as hell (especially with a drum mag). If it's sitting on a bench, any idiot can shoot one.

http://media.putfile.com/STG76-Burn

Self loading and bolt action rifles are fairly easy as well, once you realize that recoil is NOTHING like a video game, airsoft, paintball, or bb gun and you can't prepare yourself for what it is like until you experience it (Expect a bruised sholder for a while). After shooting for a while you learn to respect them and control them. To me a .22 is the best way to learn the basics, then the best way to prepare yourself for the recoil and muzzlelift is with 12' shotgun.

http://media.putfile.com/M1-Garand

Pistols take the longest to learn to contol and be accurate with. They are also the easiest to do something stupid with and cost someone their life. Best to learn the proper way to shoot and handle a pistol from a trainer or someone well experienced.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I practice 100 yards offhand. I'm not as accurate as popping headshots that way, but at least it's minute-of-man.

Then I do some left-handed (still at 100), and switch it up with some kneeling lefty and righty.

Just for kicks, Tactical Rifle matches every 2 months with my 91/30 (which is actually the only rifle I have right now, besides the .22...), shooting on the move and from some really funky positions.

Last time, we had to open a door and shoot two targets behind it. I just used the muzzle of my rifle to flip the door handle, then stepped forward with the gun shouldered. Gave each target one in the chest and one between the eyes. :D

Upvote 0