• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Several Things

Working for a minority is not the best idea if you want to make bussiness.

Sorry, but I do not think you need to take care of TWI's business.

Bugs and stuff which needs a bit of improvement aside, the overall experience of this game suits us, the sorry-arse minority, generally just fine, thank you.

And, as someone said, this minority is sufficiently large for the developer not to go bankrupt next week or so.

My 2 rubels.

Upvote 0
You can keep to realism and still improve playability, how much playability do you have in real life? Full! Why would this consistancey be different in a game?

Camping happens in real life; you do it to keep alive, if you are under fire or know there is an enemy waiting for you and you decide to run out in the open blazing away; then you have a death wish! why should this be different in a game that aims for realistic gameplay?

The only reason why we are a minoraty is because the first FPSs where unrealistic and the majoraty of people do not like change, if someone could properly intoduce the concept of relaistic gaming to the majoraty; we would quickly rise out of minoraty status.

EDIT: Should all games be aiming for only business and to make money? Does it make someone dumb for not being a greedy bastard? Comeon! There are other intentions that people can have than to make money!

Upvote 0
Including ranking will un-balance matches. So let's say you got a tiger in arad sitting on the ridge. The entire crew are veterans and they have improved load times and accuracy, on the other side we have an IS-2 sitting on the other side of the map and filled with rookies, they have lesser reloading time and and lesser accuracy. If you want TW to add ranking then why don't we add all the various tanks of WWII and don't give a **** about the game being balanced. ROOST will never be like BF2, if you get promoted you get better weapons, because it's just stupid.

Upvote 0
If there were a database with a overall K/D rate (recorded from all the servers you have played). Then lets say a player with rate:

3 or more = elite = save 4 seconds in reloading
2 - 3 = crack = save 3 seconds in reloading
1,3 - 2 = veteran = save 2 seconds in reloading
0,5 - 1,3 = regular = save 1 second in reloading

the rest have no bonus

Upvote 0
A minority can still be a big amount of people.
And when you are one of only two or three developers, feeding this minority...I think you understand.

True. If the game were to be (mostly) like all the other games out there to try to grab a bigger share of the market, would they sell more or actually sell less because of the competition with similar games?

Ultimately, it is up to Tripwire to decide what they want to do. I for one am glad they went for the nitch market with ROOST.

A ranking system would take things too far, and make an already steep learning curve even harder for new players.

Another good point. I believe most of the people in my clan gave up on the game prematurely just for this reason alone and are still playing COD2 despite all my efforts to convince them otherwise.....

---------------------------------------

I also think it is unfortunate (and unescapable) that because of the more realistic aspect of the game, it draws more criticism when you encounter an armor 'glitch' or a visual inacurracy in reloading or something similar to that. You probably don't get that with a more arcadish style game, where most players just care about running and gunning or the 'uber' graphics which many players can't really see on their older machines anyway. This does not mean the game should be considered 'Beta'. TW has presented us with a great game despite that, and while those things can always be improved (if they had the time and resources AND weren't working on future projects), I certainly have no problem overlooking them, they are relatively minor (to me) in the scheme of things. I will continue playing ROOST and have no intention of playing any other FPS in the near future....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cuppola of WWII tank were not as armored as current cuppolas...and some drips of flamable material could drop on commander suit...

+ several molotov cocktails over refrigerating intakes over back part of a tank can get them in trouble...u cant refrigerate with air temperature of 500

Upvote 0
What the heck is a Molotov Cocktail going to do to a tank? Scorch the armor? "OMG I'M DOOMED THE PAINT IS BURNED OFF!" If you mean throwing one in the cockpit that would be cool but have fun trying to open the hatch...

ya takes were by no means sealed so it would leak in or atleast make it uncomfortable in there. As for putting it in game I guess there is a quick and dirty way to implement it that would burn, but to get the real feel you would need fire that sticks to surfaces. Thats why a Flamethrower would be so hard to put in.

Man I hope that physics chip really takes off.

Upvote 0
ya takes were by no means sealed so it would leak in or atleast make it uncomfortable in there. As for putting it in game I guess there is a quick and dirty way to implement it that would burn, but to get the real feel you would need fire that sticks to surfaces. Thats why a Flamethrower would be so hard to put in.

Man I hope that physics chip really takes off.
That physics chip will be useless unless Tripwire will be including the PhysX API to the existing physics engine, or better yet; replace the aging CPU-eating Karma engine with the advanced CPU-friendly NovodeX physics.

But that means they'd have to pay for yet another license.

Upvote 0
Novodex is on XSI... and it ROCKS...if they implement it in game we can maybe have 15-30 rigid bodys without loosing performance...
If NovodeX is in the game, rigid bodies is the last thing that would draw my attention. :D

You see, you'll be able to actually drive tanks over fences, throw grenades and they'll roll realistically instead of sticking embedded in the wall, limbs being shot off without having miniscule heads attached to them, blablabla! :eek:

Upvote 0
About infantry:
- Its amazing how difficult is to aim...its maybe more realistic but quite boring.
- Animations of characters and characters themselves need rebuild...it specially ridicolous when you see someone trowing nades...lol
- The walking and starfling speed is too slow...I know that there is a sprint key but its not enough...many inside building firefight feels like crap-dummies-slow-motion fighting.
- Nades should be implemented by phisics too...doing them to roll or bounce (case sensitive) by the floor...

For now the feeling is quite good...but buyed this game and it maybe should be a beta as happend with Day of Defeat with was a decent beta and now its a Outstanding WWII infantry Shooter.
Regards,
A gamer

Welcome to RO!

This isn't DoD, I hate DoD, its nothing but retardation, this is much better IMHO, this is sort of realistic, alot better than DoD. Aiming should be harder, in reallife you dont have a big red(or green or blue) crosshair in front of you allowing you to hit targets at 100 yards without even using the real sights....The normal speed on RO is like jogging, it is fast enough,I would hate for it to be like DoD and we move 100 MPH. "Outstanding WW2 Infantry Shooter" more like Outstanding overly paced fanatical aracade game. It was made for action and unrealistic things. This game (RO) really seems to have its priorities straight.

You have some very good points, but most have already been posted!

Upvote 0