• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

an evening at the gun auction

necropimp

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 27, 2006
well the main reasons for going did not end up in my hands... the M1 Garand was about the same condition as the field grade rifles from the CMP and went for $455 (i stopped bidding at $400) and the 1911 went for over $500

other things i bid on but did not get... Springfield .22 rifle, S&W .22 Mag revolver... i bid low anyway

and things that pissed me off greatly.. someone took a K98 WITH INTACT EAGLES and built a .30-06 sporter out of it... and a Chinese T53 with a chopped stock and the bayonet lug chopped off... and the original owner (whole auction was one man's collection) scratched his name or initials into most of the guns (both i bought had this done)

what i ended up with

Universal M1 Carbine $250 (since i got outbid on some ammo anyone know where i can get some good CHEAP .30 carbine... so far aimsurplus has the best price i've seen)
universal_m1_carbine.jpg

4 mags for the carbine $25

Spanish M43 (with "german bolt action" written on the tag... and my reciept says "ukoslavia mouser") $75
M43.jpg

110 rounds of 7.92x57 40 rounds Sellier & Bellot $5 70 rounds 1944 Turkish on stripper clips $5

2 pocetknives 1 wenger one unknown $1

can't post pics of the guns until tomorrow (have to go to some gunshop to pick them up) so here is everything i could take home

auction_ammo.jpg

Last edited:
Pre-2000 cannot be confiscated. And you're mag is in .30 carbine, therfore "I need another mag for my duty gun" would not be an excuse for a LEO to confiscate your magazine. If they are one of the antis, they'll take it away just to deprive you of something they know you won't be able to legally buy back or import. Best bet is to make sure you tell em that it is pre 2000 and to get a receipt if they take ANYTHING.

Upvote 0
That's a nice M1 Carbine! The fore-end of the stock looks a bit odd to me, though. Like there's a piece of wood glued to the bottom?

I think next spring sometime, I'll have to go recover my Carbine...

So if I take my GI-Issue 20 rounders that I bought back in 1999, they can be confiscated at the range? I don't even own a ten rounder. :(

You can keep 'em, you can use 'em, and you can repair them with new parts as needed.

AAANNNND, the burden of proving that mags weren't bought before 2000, and haven't been repaired with bodies stamped with post-Y2K dates is on the government, not you. So those mags you forgot about in your attic are fine, too. :p

You need to sign up at calguns.net...

Upvote 0
yeah he cut a hole in the stock and glued an ugly bit of wood onto it for some unknown reason...

he also did this to most of his guns (some had it worse... including commemorative winchester rifles which had full name and address)

That idiot (though I want to say worse). People that put their names or initials et cetera, shouldn't be allowed to sell their guns online.....

Upvote 0