• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Muzzle flash

Plaid13

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 22, 2006
Ok i know alot of people have said the muzzle flash is too big or too bright and all that stuff before. I dont agree with that at all i think the size and brightness are perfect. But... something just dosnt feel right when your shooting the ppsh and trying to watch where your shooting. its like your blinded by the flash. I just couldnt figure out what was wrong for the longest time. Last night while watching in spectator mode i figured out what was wrong! Not just with the ppsh but with all guns. The muzzle flash is the right size as far as i can tell but... its not really just a flash. The flash lasts about twice as long as it should. Its hardly noticable that anything is wrong at all while your playing but if your in spectator mode watching from the side zoomed in on a player thats shooting it just looks unnatrualy long. While i havnt shot the guns that are in the game or even seen them shot in person i have seen rifles that were pretty much the same thing as the ones in the game shot and i have shot a few myself and the flash just shouldnt last that long. Each flash should only last a fraction of a second barely long enough for the eye to see.

Ok thats my thoughts on muzzle flash But i want to know what other people think. Dont just reply to this right away though go in game and spectate someone thats shooting from the side zoomed in on them for a few min then tell me what you think. Maybe im just loosing my mind and totaly wrong about this. but it just seems like it lasts two or three times longer then it should.

Ok i know alot of people have said the muzzle flash is too big or too bright and all that stuff before. I dont agree with that at all i think the size and brightness are perfect. But... something just dosnt feel right when your shooting the ppsh and trying to watch where your shooting. its like your blinded by the flash. I just couldnt figure out what was wrong for the longest time. Last night while watching in spectator mode i figured out what was wrong! Not just with the ppsh but with all guns. The muzzle flash is the right size as far as i can tell but... its not really just a flash. The flash lasts about twice as long as it should. Its hardly noticable that anything is wrong at all while your playing but if your in spectator mode watching from the side zoomed in on a player thats shooting it just looks unnatrualy long. While i havnt shot the guns that are in the game or even seen them shot in person i have seen rifles that were pretty much the same thing as the ones in the game shot and i have shot a few myself and the flash just shouldnt last that long. Each flash should only last a fraction of a second barely long enough for the eye to see.

Ok thats my thoughts on muzzle flash But i want to know what other people think. Dont just reply to this right away though go in game and spectate someone thats shooting from the side zoomed in on them for a few min then tell me what you think. Maybe im just loosing my mind and totaly wrong about this. but it just seems like it lasts two or three times longer then it should.

Muzzle flash really depends on the gun and type of ammunition fired/amount of powder. The flash is hot burning gasses and powder coming out of the end of the barrel, and can be quite long.
I dont' know a lot about the differences in types of powder used in WW2 on the eastern front compared to modern stuff available here in Canada, but I'd guess that the quality of manufacture wasn't as good or the burning as efficient. This would mean more burning residue coming out after the shot, the muzzle flash would be longer?

Upvote 0
Yeah, muzzle flash on the SMGs tends to be too pronounced (IMO).

The Kar and 91/30 are about right.

The M38 and M44, though, are entirely too wussy-like.

M44Flash.jpg

Upvote 0
my framerate stays between 60-85 99% of the time and yeah i do think some weapons might flash longer then others and the ppsh is by no means the one thats the worst its just the one i noticed first. if your using the ppsh try aiming with iron sites and not loosing track of your target when your shooting. it disapears behind the flash and the massive kick dosnt help much.

I know some of the rifles like the mosin do have a big flash but i really dont think they should last as long as they do. Maybe with a lower framerate its less noticable i dunno. I keep my details all up as high as they go with one of the middle rez settings. kinda doubt they effect the muzzle flash though. I would much rather have a bigger flash that lasts less time then what we have now. it just dosnt seam realistic.

Upvote 0