• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A request: Video of someone diving to iron sights please

I hope you have a backup k98 and I REALLY REALLY hope that it wasn't loaded. But if you are willing to throw your k98s around, why don't you sell one to me?

Dont worry man, my K98 is in good condition, and I got hurt more than my rifle did (No I dont have an extra face either, lol). Besides, the ground in my backyard was actually pretty soft for some reason. And no, I would NEVER load my rifle if I wasn't planning on shooting it in the proper place like a gun range.

But if you really want a K98, I wont sell you myne, but you can usually find a beat up rifle at a gun show and fix it up real nice. Thats what I did with myne, it was dinged and dented, missing the cleaning rod and COVERED in Cozmoline, I cleaned it up, sanded it smooth, refinished it, and I frimly believe I love it more than if I had bought a super nice rifle.

The gun is 60 years old and I wouldn't want it to get any scratches on it. If I had that gun I'd treat it with a little more respect, I think the owner should give it to me, it would have a much happier home

I think you might be overreacting a little bit, my K98 has probably been through tougher things than I can dish out in my backyard, shooting it at the range is probably more dangerious to the gun than it touching the ground a little. Also, if you use the proper wood treatment with finishing a rifle stock it can be pretty resilliant to damage like scratches and dings.

I understand what you mean, I do treat it with respect, but its tough and solid, its made it through a whole war, I dont really feel that it needs to be handled with kid gloves to be respected.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The gun is 60 years old and I wouldn't want it to get any scratches on it. If I had that gun I'd treat it with a little more respect, I think the owner should give it to me, it would have a much happier home :p
lol you do realise that when fireing a gun a large explosion takes place inside of it, dropping it on the ground is not going to do anything.

Upvote 0
Honestly the only thing I think that needs to change about this in the game is that you cannot start going to IS until you hit the ground, so pressing it mid air won't do anything at all.

Because while you can't dive and aim at the same time you can hit the dirt and then get your weapon up pretty damn quickly with practice.

Upvote 0
Do you really think that gun wants to be dropped and jarred around? Poor old thing, all it wants to do is enjoy retirement and be fired once in a while.

You talk as if it were a living thing, it is not alive I assure you. Do you even have a firearm of your own? I can understand your point if I was talking about a modern super-sentisitive target rifle or somthing that is so old it would evaporate if you just looked at it wrong.

But my K98, 60 years old or not, is not some dainty pea-shooter I take with me to tea parties. It is a very powerful military grade rifle, made to withstand a LOT of abuse and keep working, it was MADE for lives to depend on.

If you want to handle your own firearms with a clean room and a bubble suit thats fine, but dont come and try to tell me I dont respect my own rifle just because I'm not afraid to take it out of the box.

Lastly, so I'm not being rude to the origional topic, I also thought that when diving, regardless if you bring up the Iron Sights or not, that there should be a louder "landing on the ground" noise and your view should jerk really hard, since you are leaping into the ground and all. Maybe that landing effect could also screw up your Iron Sight aiming in case the devs dont remove it from the leaping process.

Upvote 0
You talk as if it were a living thing, it is not alive I assure you.

I just find it funny how people can keep taking the bait over and over. In fact I do own rifles and shotguns, just not a kar98 so thusly I'm jelous of you. My uncle does have some sort of Mauser from WW2, I'm not exactly sure since I havn't seen it since I was like 8.

Upvote 0
I just find it funny how people can keep taking the bait over and over.

Well if your wondering why I didn't catch on untill just now, its probably because I dont know you at all. I dont know your personality or opinions or anything about you, so there is almost no way for me to tell if yuor just joking or if your actually serious. I pretty much figured you were just pulling my leg to begin with, its when you kept pressing it to me AND others that I started to consider you might be serious. There are people who do have strong opinions like that, I just prepared myself for you being one of them.

But thank you for letting me know, I'm glad I dont have to defend THAT anymore. I'm not angry at you, but I dont really think it was so funny. Maybe I'll laugh later.

But if you want a K98 really badly you should take my earlier suggestion, Yugo Mausers are pretty common, they are almost 90% the same as a K98 and about as old. You can usually find lower quality Yugo's for pretty cheap and fix them up really easily, if you take the time I think you might really like it.

Yea, NOW I'm starting to smile about it. . . Bad Strother, BAD! :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah I can't dive with my laptop.

Do you think you can happen to help me decipher what gun my uncle has? My dad use to hunt with it and said it was dead accurate and had power, and it also had the German Eagle/swastika on it, but when I asked if it was a Kar98 he said "No", I only have one picture of the rifle in my brain and I don't think it was very long. Is there some sort of carbine version?

Upvote 0
After reading this whole thread I came to the conclusion what diving to IS is and that I remembered some situations where I was killed due to someone using this tactic.

No matter how fast you can prone or not in reality just keep one thing in mind: You go around a corner, suddenly you see another guy - an enemy in fact - that wanted to go around the very same corner. So what to do?
You jump down, prone, aim and kill him, yes?
Not really!
You simply bring up your weapon and fire it from the hip, that is what every person would do imo in realty, some would even try to aim but those are dead before they can fire a single shot imo.

And that's what annoys me. It's ridicolous! So please find a way to disable this peace of ****.

And to those who use this against other people: Is it really necessary to use this?

Upvote 0
considering it offers multiple benefits, yes to them it is well worth it.
Cheats offer multiple benefits as well ...

If you think everybody uses every cheap trick possible against you you can forget playing any game at all imo, but keep in mind that you - if you use cheap (depends on the defination) tricks - destroy or harm the game for other people.

There is something called sportsmanship, I hope there are at least some people who keep sportsmanship over their personal score, over their ego.

Upvote 0
That could possibly be the one, but it doesn't seem like it because I remember it being a darker wood, but I'm sure the one in the picture is just an oddity.

Nah, the one in the picture is right, and so is your uncle's. It isn't used as often today because more and more firearms are being made from metal and high tolerance plastics, but Cozmoline is a very effective grease-like substance that is used to store firearms that use wood in their design, it prevents normal decay (since most rifles of the period were never coated with a protective wood finish), it also prevents insects from destroying the wood and it helps keep the rifle mechanics from rusting.

Unlike normal greases and gun oils, Cozmoline is used for very, VERY long periods of storage. When the K98 rifles were produced they are normally a very light yellow color, which comes from the wood they were made of, over time the Cozmoline will impregnate and dramatically darken the wood. Cozmoline was very heavily used by both Germany and is still used in Russia, which is why many AK-47 and SKS stocks feel sticky even after a heavy cleaning.

In fact this is also one very common movie mistake, even RO made this mistake, but I dont care because its a small error.

But if that little picture looks like the same design as your Uncle's rifle, then you got a match.

As for my take on cheating and taking advantage of little goof like Diving with IS, I really cant say why many people use them, maybe its a way to compensate for somthing, maybe they get a feeling of power, or they really are just that bored. All us honest players can do is keep trying our best to get it fixed, and luckily for us, TW gets it done quick.

Last edited:
Upvote 0