• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO Devs might have found the reason for lag post-patch

mbrooksay

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 30, 2006
Auburn, NY
I was playing with them today in their RODev server and during our game at Baksan Valley we had a hugggeeee lag spike. Ramm Jaeger look in the server files after the lag patch and he said that there was a flood of files repeating themselves over a gun pickup for the SVT 40.

I don't think it's confirmed that it's 100% the reason for lag after the patch, but I'm just letting you guys know that they are working on a solution for it.

As somebody said, this is pure speculation at this point. We are looking into the cause as the original poster stated, and attempting to reproduce it in a test environment. We are every once in awhile asking the community to hop on our servers with us to load them up and to do various things in attempts to reproduce it.

We will of course talk to each other during those tests, but don't take anything we say to heart.

Upvote 0
As somebody said, this is pure speculation at this point. We are looking into the cause as the original poster stated, and attempting to reproduce it in a test environment. We are every once in awhile asking the community to hop on our servers with us to load them up and to do various things in attempts to reproduce it.

We will of course talk to each other during those tests, but don't take anything we say to heart.

Not sure if this is part of the problem or an isolated glitch I experienced. I usually play with bolt action so didn't notice until the last couple days when I played with an SMG and needed more ammo. I have had a problem after the lag spikes, picking up weapons and ammo pouches for those weapons. After a lag spike I seem not to be able to pick anything up for several minutes, no matter the angle or number of times I click on the item. I've had this happen multiple times over the last few days when starting with an SMG and needing more ammo, or droppoing it to pick up a bolt action. It works most of the time, but after a lag spike, not able to pick anything up. This lasts long enough after the lag spike that I have always died and respawned, so dont know a duration.

Upvote 0
This is highly speculative
I know... that's why I wrote at the end of my post, "
progress.gif
I don't think it's confirmed that it's 100% the reason for lag after the patch, but I'm just letting you guys know that they are working on a solution for it."http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=208073

Upvote 0