• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Car Bashing Thread

the first versions of the north american Toyota Echo

High, thin, bike tires and center dash...

A car you will never see me caught dead in it...

Even if I hate it for its uglyness I respect the fact that it is a SUPER Reliable Toyota with SUper fuel efficiency

Good car if you are a mechanic, if you have plenty of spare trannies and you enjoy changing them.

We owned the car... well my mother back then
It was a 1995 we got it used in 1996

We owned it for 6 months...
2 tranny failior
brakes changed twice
AC blew up

We got rid of it before the car would explode or something...

Apparently Crysler has had Tranny issues on most of their cars in between 1995 to 2000.

Honda Civic 1996 to 2005 (not the latest shuddle mobile they created)
I owned a 1992 CX Hatchback
I owned a 1998 DC Coupe

The 1992 got abused, beaten and Destroyed many bigger inline4's in street races... I broke at least 2 rims by failed handbreak turns resulting in hitting a sidewalk... I got smashed from the back
I got hit in the front right
My hood flew open and smashed my windsheild
It had lots of rust (weight reduction lol)
The car NEVER LET ME DOWN. Even after 1 and a half year of REDLIGNING IT.
Mechanics were still reliable when I got rid of it... body was... ehhhh

The 1998 Felt WEAKER, and spent much more gas for less power ?
And it got destroyed due to Me slipping on ice going 15kmph hitting a wall sideways... the entire side was smashed in and both bumpers broke off...

The next model with the 2002 1.7l ****s... I had it for 2 weeks as a rental because my 2002 Hyundai Elantra GT (Car I presently own) got smashed while being parked...
My elantra is worth like 1500$ cdn less then the civic 1.7
I have EVERY OPTION you can think of, 2.0l, lots of tork unlike the civic.
The civic does not EVEN HAVE AN ARM REST !!!!!!!
The civic has NOTHING once you pass 100kmph

I will give it to Honda, their 1.7 is quick on first and second...
Their 1.7 is EXTREAMLY fuel efficient.... the rest of the car is Reliable CRAP.
Another good thing about the civic... aftermarket parts...

NEXT RANT
VolksWagen Golf, Jetta
Audi A4 and A6

Ok...
Electronic problems ?
Windows falling in the door ?
Sludge in the crappy 1.8 turbocharged engin ?
More Electronic Issues ?

North American VolksWagens and Audi's are HORRIBLE when it comes to reliability... They look fantastic, they drive well when they are working... but... UNRELIABLE !!!

i hate cars in general, i hate people who talk about them all the time, e.g. wow that car has a1.6 litre engine and 67000 horsepower acceleration bla blah, its realy realy boring and sad i think.

If i was going to say what cars i hate, i would say any car that has had the appearance of it altered or the sound of it altered like boy racer cars, which very very sad, my opinion tho :D

Upvote 0
Gordy's 3 cylinder Dodge Colt, ooh! feel the power...

Bonus, three friends can help you lift it out of a ditch you hydro-planed into. :D

I like cars. Mashing is Fun, in the Dirt, and on the pavement.

But nothing on wheels beats a 7500 BHP NitroMethane juiced Top-Fuel Dragster. They shake the Earth like a mobile Panzer Army, and pull more G's than The Space Shuttle.

I went to Pomona for the Auto Club Finals a few years back, seats right on the start line. I got to see John Force Win liek his 13th championship, Kenny Bernstein's last race, and I shook his hand at the Hall of Fame. :cool:

Upvote 0
Never ever buy a Hyundai! I bought one once cos my previous car got written off by a dumb ass truck driver. I needed a car in a hurry cos I did 120miles per day commute and couldn't afford a rental any longer. I ended up with a Hyundai Lantra. Nice enough to drive but a nightmare to own. No-one makes 3rd party parts for it, everything has to be shipped in from Korea. The radiator went about 2 minutes after it was dropped off (2nd hand) literally the guy was driving off and pools of water appeared (warranty only covered axles and gearbox:mad:). Got a new radiator from Korea with a significant wait. The garage took my engine and chassis serial numbers to get the correct part. It arrived but the bloody existing tap did not fit it:mad:. Then had to order and wait for a radiator tap from Korea. And that was just the start of the problems. By far the most expensive car I've ever kept on the road. Never ever buy a Hyundai!

Upvote 0
CRW_4908.jpg.56969.jpg

Buy GM! 5000 horsepower and guaranteed for 10 years or 1,000,000 miles. (no, really...)

Upvote 0
PFFFT, cars are for wimps, Motorcycles are what it's about. My old 89 CBR 600 did 175 easily, only took it up to 150 though.

I've got an 86 Magna. Yeah, bikes are a whole other category. But cars are still cool.

I think its got an intergrated tent inside... or some weird thing...
I dont understand how people actually bought the thing...

Yeah, it had a tent over the back hatch.

My ex wanted me to buy one. That's how I know making her my ex was the right choice... :D

Bought a Subaru WRX instead... ;)

Upvote 0
This poll might interest all you Colonial gas-guzzlers: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/773102/posts

As for Crap cars seen in Britain:

Austin Allegro - makes the AMC gremlin look like a Lamborghini
Jensen Interceptor - never ever believe anyone that tells you this car defined an era - unless it was an era of over-priced crapness
Most makes of Jag - HOW badly do you want to look like a bank robber?
Bond Bug - there was an episode of Doctor Who where people got swallowed and suffocated by plastic sofas and stuff - being in one of these was a similar experience.
Mk4 Cortina - shoulda cut their losses at mk2
Triumph TR-7 - complete with fire extinguisher for the inevitable dashboard fire
Ford Anglia 105e - this car had all the style and graceful curves of Dame Edna Everage's specs
Vauxhall Viva - a design vacuum: able to 'stealth' past traffic police by sending them to sleep through looking at it.

On the other hand, some Brit cars that should be applauded:

The Mini - obviously
Bristol Custom Jobs - sod Rolls Royces! These are tEh style
Wolsey 16/60 - you can paint these any colour you like and they still look black & white, that's how 50's they are.
Triumph GT6 - ahh yes - a (relatively) poor man's Aston Martin
Morris Eight - even looking at one of these makes you start talking with the accent of a 1930's BBC radio presenter
Mid-60's E-Type Jag - they had to earn that reputation SOMEHOW
Land Rover Disco - I went up the Cairngorms in one of these and I swear it climbed a 5 foot vertical cliff.
Rolls Royce Phantom - people still involuntarily salute these cars even today
Morris Minor - particularly the 'Traveller' - the only car that can fail its MOT through woodworm
Aston Martin DB6 - the RIIIIICH man's Aston Martin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Never ever buy a Hyundai! I bought one once cos my previous car got written off by a dumb ass truck driver. I needed a car in a hurry cos I did 120miles per day commute and couldn't afford a rental any longer. I ended up with a Hyundai Lantra. Nice enough to drive but a nightmare to own. No-one makes 3rd party parts for it, everything has to be shipped in from Korea. The radiator went about 2 minutes after it was dropped off (2nd hand) literally the guy was driving off and pools of water appeared (warranty only covered axles and gearbox:mad:). Got a new radiator from Korea with a significant wait. The garage took my engine and chassis serial numbers to get the correct part. It arrived but the bloody existing tap did not fit it:mad:. Then had to order and wait for a radiator tap from Korea. And that was just the start of the problems. By far the most expensive car I've ever kept on the road. Never ever buy a Hyundai!

Does the Hyundai Lantra look like this ?
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-2/948041/DSC00827.JPG

I own an Elantra
I have it for 2 years now, the car is 4 years old...
repair parts arent too expensive here.

I changed a baring
Windsheild Wiper Motors
Thats about it...

The North American Hyundai's arent bad at all... dont know about european versions with their Smaller engins...

Accents year 1994 to 1999 had poor quality
Dont know about elantra
and most older hyundai's have Mitsubishi engins... ironically, those were the unreliable ones...
The older ones with mitsubishi engins are often turned into sleepers since people swap the engin with another turbocharged mistubishi engin without much mods...

Upvote 0
my a4 kicks every single one of your jap-car's asses.

I hope you dont have a north american A4 built in Mexico... :rolleyes:
Cant argue about it being a beautiful fast cool car...

But the ones we have in Canada.... ewwww

(BTW, my car is Korean lol) yes... still a ricemobile without the over riced stuff

Upvote 0
Nestor said:
Bond Bug - there was an episode of Doctor Who where people got swallowed and suffocated by plastic sofas and stuff - being in one of these was a similar experience.

hahaha

Nestor said:
Ford Anglia 105e - this car had all the style and graceful curves of Dame Edna Everage's specs

ahahaaahah

Rameus said:
My ex wanted me to buy one. That's how I know making her my ex was the right choice... :D

pffahaha!

Upvote 0