• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Uniforms Discussion (Merged 18 times!!)

For the russians.

For the russians.

How about:
Soviet Naval infantry Brigades as an alternative:
Morskoi Pekhoty Brigade
Sov-Naval-02.jpg

Or Brigada Morskoi Pekhoty Organisation
Sov-Naval-01.jpg

Upvote 0
those uniforms look rather gizzay IMO. almost "boy scout" like. lol, I am sure those units had high morale. :D
Not their fault. Their navy was basicly non-existant and the commie party made them all sign up to the party and fight on the land. No flash nap sack, cap and wrong sized uniforms for them, they only got a rifle or a 5 round clip. :p

Upvote 0
Not their fault. Their navy was basicly non-existant and the commie party made them all sign up to the party and fight on the land. No flash nap sack, cap and wrong sized uniforms for them, they only got a rifle or a 5 round clip. :p
What the hell are you talking about? You didn't need to join the party to be an officer, much less a RKKF marine, and I don't even want to know what the rest of your post is implying...

Upvote 0
What the hell are you talking about? You didn't need to join the party to be an officer, much less a RKKF marine, and I don't even want to know what the rest of your post is implying...
Look around the net. I've seen photos of sailors signing up to the communist party in books and the captions said it was not optional.

Upvote 0
Look around the net. I've seen photos of sailors signing up to the communist party in books and the captions said it was not optional.
That's ridiculous. There were 2 million people in the communist party in the USSR in early 1940's - if all sailors were required to join, it would mean that all of those 2 million were at the front, which sure as hell was not the case. Joining the communist party during the early 20th century was often a matter of privilage, and I doubt you would find many common soldiers in the party. They might join the party after the war, when they are decorated war veterans with nice government pensions, but since most of the recruits did not come from the major cities, they were not and did not become communists.
The fact of the matter was that joining a party did not make you a good communist - being a good communist made you join the party, and no one realized this better than the communists. Saying that sailors were "required to join the party" is a little like saying US soldiers were required to run for Congress.

Upvote 0
For such a land-based country, I think they had a pretty substantial navy in the Baltic and Black seas.

Most of the Baltic Fleet (technically Red Banner Baltic Fleet) was hemmed in by ice and minefields, and much of the Black Sea Fleet was destroyed by the Germans during their conquest of the Crimea. Hence the reason for the surplus of Soviet sailors.

Upvote 0
The good old times..

The good old times..

1. Remember the variation in uniforms in ye olde RO?

I was just wondering what the heck happened to it?

Why isn't it implemented in the new RO?

in the old RO there were:

-SS Uniforms (winter/camo/grey)
-Wehrmacht uniforms (winter/camo/grey)
-Different kinds of russian uniforms instead of the one and simple in this new RO (e.g. camo scout uniforms etc.)

and variations within uniform types.

Nowadays there's just one plain Wehrmacht uniform and the Mantel which is terribly scarce, which makes me sad. The russians look exactly the same if you see them from behind..

2. Death screams

I can't really hear soldiers groaning or screaming when getting shot anymore. And I'm pretty positive it doesn't have anything to do with my configuration.

Adding the gruesome screams again would really make the game feal a whole lot more authentic.
Especially when soldiers' limbs get mutilated and torn off. It feels kind of lame to see a soldier lose his arm in complete silence. I bet that not even the most hard core SS/NKVD troops would suffer the losing of a limb with out the smallest whimper.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1. Remember the variation in uniforms in ye olde RO?

I was just wondering what the heck happened to it?

Why isn't it implemented in the new RO?

in the old RO there were:

-SS Uniforms (winter/camo/grey)
-Wehrmacht uniforms (winter/camo/grey)
-Different kinds of russian uniforms instead of the one and simple in this new RO (e.g. camo scout uniforms etc.)

and variations within uniform types.

Nowadays there's just one plain Wehrmacht uniform and the Mantel which is terribly scarce, which makes me sad. The russians look exactly the same if you see them from behind..

2. Death screams

I can't really hear soldiers groaning or screaming when getting shot anymore. And I'm pretty positive it doesn't have anything to do with my configuration.

Adding the gruesome screams again would really make the game feal a whole lot more authentic.
Especially when soldiers' limbs get mutilated and torn off. It feels kind of lame to see a soldier lose his arm in complete silence. I bet that not even the most hard core SS/NKVD troops would suffer the losing of a limb with out the smallest whimper.

But I was talking about other things than just uniforms D: evul merging

Upvote 0
This is low priority, but on the late war maps, the Russians are still wearing M35 uniforms (i.e. without shoulderboards). Are there any plans to update the Russian uniforms - the M35 could still be used, but with shoulderboards, as that was quite common.

And while I'm on the subject, it would be nice to have the Russians wearing the M36 helmet on the early war maps, as it was fairly common back then.

Sorry about resurrecting a dead thread...

Upvote 0