• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Which was the greatest Empire of all Time?

Actually this all depends on what you consider what makes a empire the best. If you think area under controll it would be the turkish/mongol empire of djenghiz khan. If its cultural impact then it would be the roman or the arabic empires. If you want millitairy power then you get the romans, the Ottomans, and the mongols. If you mean length of the empire then you get again the romans, Ottomans and the chinese.

I guess in the end the roman empire would be the greatest if not there was any competition. You can say whatever you want but the roman empire had no real competition after the conquest of carthage and that wasnt purely because of theire own actions. Not by a long shot. I dont rate the US that high because they are only this more powerfull since the fall of the soviets. During the cold war both were about equal. I think an empire can only be a truely great empire if it is really more skilled in several areas than all compititors. Empires which had this were the Ottoman, arabic and chinese empires. The Ottomans were practically unbeatable for several hunderd years. They had some defeats but only betrayal and lazyness brought it eventually down. Same goes for the Arabic empire. The chinese empires got mostly down because of famines and climatic disasters and one even because of love.

Upvote 0